IE for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kimi, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Kimi macrumors regular

Does anyone know where I can download this? I'm having some trouble getting a few things working and I need to use it. (There are no ifs ands or buts about this so don't even bother).

I've tried MS's website, but that doesn't have it anymore. A Google only found news stories about it being ditch. Please could someone help, maybe email me a copy that they have?

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Link to above statement - there were even celebrations here at MR... :D

So, unless you get someone who actually has it, to mail it to you (or upload it somwhere) I think you're out of luck. And you are better off with Safari, Firefox, Shiira, Opera, Camino or OmniWeb, anyway. ;)

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It's safe to provide this if I have a copy, right?

4. Kimi thread starter macrumors regular

There is the problem that I can't use those for what I'm trying to do. I use FireFox for everything. What I'm trying to do is play a video on a website (it's being streamed) and it won't work unless your using IE. It's a bloody pain trying to get a copy. I've beeb looking all over, but link always end up back at MircoSoft's web pages.

5. Kimi thread starter macrumors regular

It should be. If you have got it, just put it in a zip file or something and attach it to an email. Let me know if you can and I'll PM my email to you.

EDIT: Posted at the same time.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Nah, I can host it for a few hours. Get your copies. I have 3 copies just in case. :cool:

- iMac G5
    - Work
    - Personal Backup

7. Kimi thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I've downloaded now :)

I've now got the page working, I should be able to mess about and get the feed to play with another player now.

Thanks again!

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Not a problem. I just knew something like this would crop up so I kept a few copies around.

9. aloofman macrumors 68020

aloofman

Are you making this video solely for Mac users? Because compatibility with IE for Mac does NOT mean it will work on IE for Windows. They are two completely different programs and testing on one doesn't confirm it will work on the other.