iEmulator Review

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dan_boothe, May 18, 2005.

1. dan_boothe macrumors newbie

May 18, 2005
    iEmulator actually works REALLY REALLY WELL if your needs for an emulator are reaslistic and if you are willing to rely on Win95 or Win98 as your OS (WinXP is apparently slow although I haven't tried it)

I have an iMac G4 1.25mhz with 768 MB of RAM. This emulator is running Win98 extremely well on my machine. I was suprised at just how responsive the OS felt. I even ran defrag to see if I could trip it up ... but defrag was BLAZING! I have two major programs that require I use Win98 and they both work flawlessly so far with this emulator.

While I would love to use CD ROMS on the fly, USB, and some other features - they are simply not necessary. As you desire those more involved capabilities perhaps you should spend the extra money on a more beefed up emulator or just buy a small PC computer or laptop. I think some of the folks that have reviewed this emulator did so with unrealistic expectations of both the price and the youth of this new program.

My advice is simply this: If you have Win95 or Win98, need to run a few basic programs that you can't get on your MAC, and if you understand that this is not a gaming system or a real PC replacement, then purchase iEmulator and be prepared to have your needs met and possibly exceeded! For example, I didn't expect it would be able to print so effortlessly to my MAC printer ... or browse the net so easily. But it actually can! Amazing! and inexpensive!

Getting iEmulator to work requires a little bit of effort but if you contact their support team, you will recieve your money's worth just in advice and assistance alone.

At this point, I cannot say enough good things about this terrific up and coming emulator. Be sure to give this one a chance ! I'm glad that I did.
  2. deltrotter macrumors regular

Nov 30, 2004
    Thanks for joining to tell us that Dan

When will your team be releasing V2?