If a new MBP does come out Sep 12

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vega07, Aug 8, 2006.

1. vega07 macrumors 65816

If a new MBP does come out in the Macworld Paris Expo, can I place the order at the apple store near my house and also buy the nano and printer to bring home immediately?

Also, I am going away to college late September (around 23rd-24th). How long will the new MBP take to ship? Does it ship immediately when I order or is there a wait time? Basically, will I get my MBP on time for college if I order on the 12th of September?

2. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

NYmacAttack

In store you can only buy what they have in stock. I have never been able to pre order anything through an Apple store.

3. generik macrumors 601

generik

If you want Merom I suppose you can pretty much forget about your free iPod promotion. Apple timed the promo to end at around that time for a reason, to use students after freebies as dumping grounds for their old stocks. They aren't a charity you know...

4. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm still praying for that one week before the promotion ends.

Are they selling mac pros in stores now? or is it only online?

5. generik macrumors 601

generik

Is the Mac + iPod promotion only valid for retail store purchases? :confused:

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

does Jobs normally give a keynote? if he does and announces new stuff. its going to to be "shipping next week" to screw the students out.
    i'm really mad that the imac didn't get upgraded. So now i have to see if i should play the waiting game or splurge on a MP :(

7. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

No, it's valid for online ones too.

8. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

I am waiting no later than Sept. 12 for an updated MBP. The Keynote will be very early in the morning for East Coast US and if no new news then I am going to the store or online (if there is a new MBP). This way I still get the free iPod (for my sister for Christmas, don't tell her).