If a Phone does get released, quickest/best way to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Aniej, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I have yet to try and buy an apple product the first moment it comes out, normally I wait 45 minutes;) but I was wondering with the mount of attention this thing is getting will it be difficult to get one online, and not just order it online, but order it so that it ships in a reasonable time and not in 5 weeks? Or, if I live close to an Apple store, woud it be best to go to the Apple store to try and pick it up? I suppose this question goes for any of the new releases as well, not just the phone. And all the stores would have the product when it is launched that day right? thanks for the help.

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

No one knows. Depends on what Steve announces. Last time around the Mac Pros took a while to be in stores, but MacBooks were there right away. Wait and see, and if it's available right away, get your order in quick!

3. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

right on. thanks. that is sort of my question though, he tends to differentiate between it's available today, today online, today in stores, or if he says it is available today does that imply that it is in stores? I literally live 20 mins from one so it is close, but not so close that I would just go sit at the store.

4. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I think usually "available today" means it's in most Apple Stores. It may get sold out quickly, though. I remember when the shuffle first came out I kept calling the Apple Store near me to see if they had any on hand, since they sold out as soon as they got more in. Took me a week to get my hands on one, and it was the last in stock!

5. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

oh so you can call the store directly and place an order? it seems like someone who is actually there at the store would be able to get it over someone calling in, but I duno. I'm just trying to figure out what to do. there are actually two stores pretty close to me, one in a very large mall, but further away and the other smaller but closer.

6. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Not that I know of, but you can call them to see if they have it in stock. I asked them to hold a shuffle for me, and then ran down there. I don't know if all stores will hold things for people, especially if they're high-demand, but I guess I got lucky.

7. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t