If Apple Doesn't Release 6.1 GM By Monday

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by AppleNewsTech, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors member

Okay, I am getting worried. If Apple doesn't release iOS 6.1 GM by Monday, my phone bricks. If it does brick, is it ruined forever? This is my first time going through betas so I'm pretty new to this. Can someone explain the whole process as to what happens and how to fix it if possible! Thanks :confused::confused::confused:

2. macrumors 6502a

No it is not bricked- if you are concerned about it now DFU and go back to 6.0.2

3. macrumors 68040

Dwalls90

This is why you only use the BETA if you are a DEVELOPER in the DEVELOPER PROGRAM.

4. thread starter macrumors member

Otay could you walk through the steps of what would happen? Then can you tell me how to get my phone back to 6.0.2?

5. macrumors 603

saving107

6. macrumors 65816

Risco

No it is no bricked forever, you can restore to iOS 6.0.2 by googling for the ISPW. You cannot however restore a 6.1 backup.

7. macrumors 6502a

If Apple does not release anything. Beta 5 or GM by tomorrow or Sunday. Your phone will beautiful bricked, but find the IOS 6.0.2 (if you own The iPhone 5) or IOS 6.0.1 IPSW. PUt your phone in DFU/Revovery mode and press option-restore. Click the IPSW and restore
    :)

8. macrumors 6502a

Helpful to say the least -I guess I must of missed that part of the question where he asked anything about the developer program or the "Rules". Hopefully you response made you feel better about your self as a rule follower.

9. macrumors 68040

Dwalls90

Umm, okay? Sorry for obliging by the ToS set forth by Apple's developer program.

I don't make the rules, but they are there for a reason, and to prevent situations such as this from happening - uneducated non-developers from screwing up their phones.

10. thread starter macrumors member

Haha ikr man. People these days, rules, rules, and wait for it...rules.

11. macrumors 6502a

again- he did not ask for your comments on the TOS- you added zero to the conversation. We get it when someone needs help they do not need to be lectured. If following rules is your thing, have at it.

12. macrumors 68030

cmChimera

If you're going to break the rules, at least be smart enough to know how to get around them properly. Installing a beta and then freaking out because you don't know what to do if your phone bricks is pretty ridiculous.

13. macrumors 68040

Dwalls90

Ask the developers on the developers forum.

After all, that is the place designated exclusively to questions like this.

https://developer.apple.com/devforums/

Oh, wait. He's not a developer and thus does not have access to said resources.

Thank you for proving my point.

14. Guest

That's too bad.

Maybe next time you'll learn not to do stuff your not suppose to do.

15. macrumors 603

While Apple doesn't release betas on weekends, I highly doubt they'd allow it to expire without releasing a new version.

16. macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

Why can't you guys just help the guy man! Relax with the "He is not a developer crap".

These forums are to help each other out.

Google the lates firmware and google how to restore back and you will be fine. iPhone will not be bricked

:apple::D

17. macrumors 6502a

Wow, he's only asking a question.

Some people need to get off their high horse around here.

18. macrumors 65816

How about all the apple employees in this thread just tell us when ios 6.1 is to be released?

19. Guest

When the iOS 6 jailbreak comes out.

lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.