If Apple made a cell phone (it would be like this)...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bnemesis, Jan 5, 2004.

1. bnemesis macrumors regular

Sony Ericsson T630

It's basically an update to the T610/T616,
    except it has a TFT display, and looks like it would be right at home next to an iBook, iMac, or iPod.

Like the T610 and T616, it has Bluetooth.
    Anyone played with one yet?

2. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

i want it! i love my v60, but this phone is damn nice. Too bad verizon doesnt care about phones at all...all of their GD phones are crappy audiovox and LG now!!! this phone might warrent a switch to ATT or cingular...

3. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Re: If Apple made a cell phone (it would be like this)...

I don't like it ... good thing it has bluetooth so you never have to take it out of your backpack when your connected to the net. :D

I like my LG

4. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

nah, i think apple would make something like the sonyericsson Z600 or maybe the Z200..i think they combine more style with the functionality like apple does. Though the Z200 doenst have bluetooth...so it wouldnt be apple :p

5. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

Re: Re: If Apple made a cell phone (it would be like this)...

nothing against anyone who uses korean made phones, but i've just had bad experiences with electronics not made in Japan (save apple of course).

i had a rio cd player and just had a nightmare with it, so i may be a little biased...(rio headquarters is in AZ, but the parts were made in Korea i believe...

6. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

are you kidding? ive never had a bad Samsung product and they are Korean...in fact, i think Samsung is one of the best electronics companies around now.

7. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

My Samsung A500 phone is the worst cellphone I have ever used. Sprint gave it to me to replace my LG 5350 that had a defective charger and unfortunately they discontinued that phone, which I loved, and got stuck with the Samsung that freezes, doesn't ring when people call sometimes, won't let me use any of the buttons sometimes without popping the battery out, a battery that hardly lasts half a day in standby mode, etc. Sprint used to have awesome phones, but now they are all overpriced and not all that impressive. I'd love to be able to use a BT Sony or other nice phone that carriers such as ATT have, but I still have another year to go on my contract.

On topic, though, that is a pretty sharp phone. Nice and clean design.

8. Doraemon macrumors 6502

Re: If Apple made a cell phone (it would be like this)...

It just looks so un-Apple.
    The phone is nice, no doubt, but an iPhone (or whatever it would be called) would definitely look completely different.

At the moment the best cell phone is the SE Z600.

9. The Shadow macrumors regular

Re: Re: If Apple made a cell phone (it would be like this)...

Perhaps the originator of this thread was simply referring to the white apple consumer look of the phone?

Anyway, I only ever go for phones with lids. Don't like the exposed buttons. Mainly just for the look, but I also like to avoid making some embarrassing accidental phone call, know what I mean?

10. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I like it. Too bad Sprint seems to be against Bluetooth.

11. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

Re: Re: Re: If Apple made a cell phone (it would be like this)...

Well actually there is a very simple solution to the issue you have highlighted. All "Block" phones have a soft keyboard lock function. In the case of the T610/T630 you hit the "c" button in the top right corner followed by the "*" button in the bottom left. You are then greeted with an image of a Key and the keyboard is now locked, though you can still answer incoming calls as normal. To remove the lock you hit the same keys again.

Is a matter of personal choice of course: you either purchase a phone with a lid and get used to flipping open a lid first before answering/making calls or you purchase a "block" phone which allows you to answer calls with or without a lock but get used to hitting two buttons first to remove the lock before making a call
    Vanilla

12. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

Looks like a nicely designed phone. Now I wish I had waited for that to be avaliable before I got my T610. Although getting that phone was a neccessity since my T68i had become 95% broken and unuseable.

Enjoy what you have or you'll never enjoy anything.... this especially applies to the rapidly changing gadget and computer industry.

(Off topic: Have to go get ready to go see the Keynote at the Apple store)