If Apple made a new apple symbol what would it look like...

Discussion in 'Community' started by jamesW135, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesW135 macrumors 6502a

jamesW135

Well if Apple started a new apple symbol what would it look like post your renderings here well he is mine even thought my friend made it

[​IMG]

2. exemacs macrumors newbie

3. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I dont know... Interesting but there logo now is fixed to mac and iPods so I doubt they will ever change it dramitcly (sp).

4. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

i think it looks pretty sexy now...there doesn't seem much need for a change, although hasn't the apple symbol changed every OS X release. There was first just an aqua symbol, then again aqua, then black/grey, then shiny black/grey, now shiny black grey with a line through it.

It just needs a small tail to add to it and then you have the Macintel apple sign....pimpin' :D :D

Attached Files:

5. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

What's interesting about the Apple logo is that they realize that the symbolism to it is in the SHAPE -- hence they change the skin of it, but the form has always been the same; you look at it, and you know what it represents.

6. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

What I think is interesting is how, no matter what it looks like, it looks "right". For example, when it was that hideous rainbow apple thing, it looked pretty cool. Then when it got updated, the new one looked cool and the rainbow one looked really ancient and ugly (my opinion). Now the most current one looks really great, and I cant imagine what it could change to to make me think the current one is ugly.

7. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

it would be a combination of the apple logo and the intel logo :p

...I would say probably something reflecting the present, the silver one looks pretty realistic, I miss the old red one

8. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

It should stay pretty much the same...I mean the IBM and Motorola logos aren't part of their current logo, why should a move to Intel make that any different?

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You're right, Intel hasn't got anything to do with it, but I think jamesW135 realises that. Hypothetically, how could it be modified?

10. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I like the basic shape the way it is. Changing the color ocasionally freshens it up a little.

11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

12. efoto macrumors 68030

I think this is the key, as others have said. The shape is the memorized image, the color and gloss and 'feel' of the apple can change so long as its shape remains in tack.

That said, I think the blue on for Panther is pretty cool, but the one in Tiger looks alright as well. I wouldn't mind seeing some new and outrageous colors thrown at it. Afterall, where does it really show up that hideous colors would be all that annoying?

13. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

14. FireArse macrumors 6502a

still brings a tear to the eye.....

What can you do eh? Now where's that x86 option in XCode 2.1??

FireArse

15. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Aww. I like it. But to each his/her own, right? :D

16. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Let me clarify. I liked it too. Back then. But to look at it now, it looks really dated. No way it would fit in today.

17. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

How about this? (yeah, I know they won't add any of Intel's logo to theirs, and I agree that they shouldn't)

Attached Files:

18. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

But it's a good combination.

19. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Haha... that's pretty much why I like it... the whole, vintage/ retro feel. But I agree, it would look silly on a new iMac. ;)

20. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

Thanks :D I whipped it up a couple weeks ago for the fun of it, and to make sure Photoshop still worked after I had to reformat and reinstall all of my applications...I'm using a KeyServed version of Photoshop from school, and sometime the connection to the server to get a license is flaky. But it's free software, so no complaints :D

21. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

I love the old school rainbow logo...bring it back :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.