If Apple releases Net-book at MW 09 will you buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by McGilli, Dec 26, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Ok MBA owners....

If Apple releases a 'net-book' - which is basically a miniature version of a MBA at Macworld in January - who will buy one? And what would it need to have, and at what price to make you consider you buying it (since we paid mucho $ for our MBA'a)

2. macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

I don't have a Macbook air, but as an iPhone owner, I wouldn't buy one. Too much overlap in functionality (for my uses at least.)

3. macrumors 68000

I would not buy one. I think they are just pointless, I'd rather have a fully featured computer instead, I think apple hit the nail on head with the Air and it's best your going to get.

4. macrumors 6502a

Ironic

Maybe or a iPhone nano as ATT has 3G iphones for 99 bucks ;)

5. macrumors regular

bunit

I would consider one if it was around $400 dollars. Just would be neat to have and that is what other net-books are going for.:apple:

6. macrumors 6502a

Nope, not going to happen. The iPhone is Apple's netbook. I may be wrong, but I dont think so.

7. macrumors 65816

aaquib

Under $600, yes.

But knowing Apple, it's not happening. Especially at $600.

8. macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

LMAO! Since when is the air considered "full featured"?

9. macrumors 65816

tubbymac

Apple won't release a netbook at MW09 and no I wouldn't buy it. After going through a lot of notebooks, screen size does matter. 8 inch is way too small, 10 is cramped, 11 starts getting useable, 12 is almost comfortable, and 13 is the sweet spot.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502

I feel that Apple has really cut itself off with the MBA crowd. We pay a lot of $ for a slim, 'with less features' notebook - and then someone like me that also paid $300 for an iPhone will have a hard time paying much more for a computer. (i find the iphone to be a great 'small computer')

But I would pay $700 for a 8" mac net-book.

11. macrumors 68000

Compared to a netbook sure, It's only missing a few ports not a big deal to some people. At least it has a decent screen size and a full sized backlight keyboard.

12. macrumors 65816

zer0tails

Well, Apple could always lose the macbook air if it wanted to, just like the G4 cube.

13. macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I don't see this happening. And really I would rather just use my Air. Now if Apple want's to make a Mac Tablet I might be interested.

14. macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I definitely would, and I would give it to the War Department...:p

15. macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

You said you would rather have a full featured computer than a netbook, so what does the Air have that a netbook wouldnt, other than size related things such as the screen/keyboard?
    The netbook would essentially be an Air with a smaller screen, but you say the air has more features :confused::confused:

16. macrumors 6502a

nope7308

I agree 110%

Besides, from Apple's perspective, I just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze. That is, I don't know if the netbook market is presently large enough to warrant Apple's interest, time, and money. It would be difficult for Apple to market themselves as a 'premium' computer in a market that's characterized by 'budget' computers.

17. macrumors regular

fteoath64

Not a Netbook. The AIR does a wonderful job already. But iTablet (no keyboard, BYO wireless keyboard), full bluetooth implementation A2DP and superb audio recording capability, 120GB sata HD, 8 inch or 10 inch model, 7 hours battery life. This will complement my AIR and iPhone (I need RJ45 Ethernet jack). :(

18. macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

This is what I want:

MacTablet

13.3" multitouch screen
    MacBook Air internals
    No ODD
    slab format (none of this rotating screen crap)
    MagSafe, 2 USB, Audio in/out

$1,999

And there is no possible way that Apple will release anything that even remotely looks like a MacTablet at MacWorld.

19. macrumors newbie

Not for me

No netbook for me, I need something with Brains and Brawn - like my MBP! :D

I would like to see apple make one tho, just to show how good :apple: are!
    Apple rules!!!

20. macrumors 68000

Such as a more powerful processor a better GPU, More ram a larger hard drive. LED Screen, Aluminum case, Backlight keyboard. Should I continue?

I think that was a ridiculous question because you know apple isn't going to give you all the Airs features at such a low price tag.

21. macrumors newbie

LOW PRICE TAG? haha, that made my day. Apple would not release any netbook in demand with a low price tag!!!:D

22. macrumors 68000

Then it wouldn't be a netbook would it? Nebooks are cheap, that's why they were made a cheap small computer to use for simple tasks.

23. macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

No, netbooks are small. An Apple netbook conforming to the size and hardware of current netbooks would be around twice as much and still be called a netbook by Apple and the media.

24. macrumors 68000

Read the Definition. If apple made a small computer it wouldn't be a netbook it would something totally different, thats what I'm trying to say! They won't make a netbook EVER! if they want a small computer the will make one but not cheap and with more features.

25. macrumors 65816

mcavjame

no. I'm already compromised with power as it is using my Macbook. It's a niche market to be sure... maybe it would be for students who just need something small to take notes in class.