If Apple updates Powerbooks next week....

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by nylon, Oct 13, 2005.

1. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

If Apple does a significant overhall of Powerbooks next week I guess we can safely assume that there will be no Intel Powerbooks until at least June '06.

Additionally it has recently been revealed that Intel Yonah processors will consume upto 47 watts of power (when operating on two cores) and upto 25 watts on a single core. The current Pentium-M lineup consumes 24 watts. This has severe implications for heat management and battery life leading to thicker and heavier laptops.

I believe the major revamp of the Powerbook will not come until the end of next year when the MEROM chips are launched by Intel. These will be the first chips to take advantage the performance per watt ideaology that Apple was touting during its 'Switch' conference.

Either way, I think those of us looking for a compelling upgrade to the current powerbook lineup are simply going to have to wait. May his Steviness prove me wrong!!

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

why do i have to read the same posts over and over again for this entire week?

new powerbooks this, new powerbooks that, so annoying

3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

don't click on the thread titles?

(i know, i can't help it either... it's always like this after or before an update)

4. WillMak macrumors 6502a

I feel sorry for ppl waiting to buy powerbooks. I remember feeling crazy when I was waiting for the new ibooks.