If EBGames/Gamestop Were a Grocery Store...

Discussion in 'Games' started by clayj, Dec 19, 2006.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

2. Annndy! macrumors regular

Annndy!

All that's missing is the snooty, long-haired manager with a serious stick up his butt because too many people have asked him if they've got Wii's in stock. Geez, you'd think it's his job or something. :rolleyes:

3. jdechko macrumors 68040

4. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

As someone who works at GAME (Not as a manager) it is seriously ****ing annoying (At Xmas, especially) when people come ask you a question, to which 99% of the time they already know the answer and we're laughing when they asked. Or, how about 'Have you any Wii's? No!' Why ask the ****ing question if your going to answer it in the same sentence.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Heh, cute. I actually found a present for someone at GameStop successfully. But it is confusing...do you bring the box up to the desk, or is it a display box? (In this case, the game she wanted wasn't a display box -- they took the cartridge out of a drawer, put it in the box from the shelf, and gave it back to me). Little five year olds coming up to the counter and telling the workers that the display cases were left open, etc, etc. But still, I got the game I was looking for, and it wasn't that expensive, and hopefully my darling will love it. :)

6. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

How it works, is that you get so many 'dummy' boxes. Basically empty DVD caes etc, with specially printed covers. After that, if you dont have enough you open the real ones, empty them into the draw and put the box out, so nothing goes onto the floor live (With the actual game in) but in theory what you buy should be exactly the same either way, only thing being different if you get the plastic wrapper or not. :)

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Gotcha. It's been quite some time since I last bought a game at such a place... I was just surprised that DS games (as this was) were being done this way. But this definitely explains what seemed to me like inconsistency -- some things seemed to be dummy boxes, some seemed to be empties that get filled, and some seemed to be shrink-wrapped. Thank you for explaining the method to the apparent madness. :)

8. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

No problem. Thats the way we do it anyway. However, the ones that are on the shop floor live (Or as I say, this is the way we do it) are below a certain value. Such as for us, anything under £15 in value and in the PC section, or any of the under £20 pre-owned PS2 is left live and security tagged, saves time for the lesser stuff. :)

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

When Penny Arcade is good, it's very very good.

10. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog