If I am allowed to switch Mac models...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by milky23, Jan 23, 2006.

1. milky23 macrumors regular

Oct 23, 2005
    Hey there. Some of you are familiar with my post about my Applecare experience (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=174854)

Consider this imaginary (but hopefully soon to be actual) situation: Apple agrees to replace my iMac 20" G5; I suggest that, since they will be sending me a new machine anyway, why not upgrade to an Intel machine (I'll pay the difference, of course.) If they allowed me to do this, would it be smart to go for a MacBook Pro or an Intel iMac 20", or to simply stick with my iMac G5?

Is this even realistic? Do you suppose Apple would do such a thing, or am I living in a dream world?
  2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    Well, I doubt they would replace your machine, but I am not for sure, and I haven't read your thread, so I don't know the particulars. But if they do, I have heard that you can pay the difference and upgrade from past threads I have read around here.
  3. kwajaln macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2004
    I read your original post and although your experience was poor, the bottom line seems to be that the problem was fixed. Or am I missing something that requires that your iMac still needs replacing?
  4. joebells macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2005
    kwajaln the tech completely scratched his lcd and left blood on his lcd. I wouldn't want that machine anymore.
  5. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

Sep 10, 2005
    yah, the first problem was fixed and than the tech left a second one... i would not take that machine either, at the very least id want a new screen.. i dont want some dudes blood on there.. i mean he didnt even clean it up..that is mest up..