If i buy AppleCare....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by daneoni, Oct 1, 2006.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

...now, can i wait till next year before activating it without issues?

2. generik macrumors 601

generik

3. risc macrumors 68030

risc

All it does is add 2 more years to the original warranty, you can activate it any time within that first year, but it does seem kind of pointless if you are buying it now.

4. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Because i dont really need to get it now but have an offer to get it at almost half the original price.

5. adamsen87 macrumors member

It doesn't matter when you enroll it it will be 3 years from purchase date of the computer so why wait absolutely no win in it, just do it on Apples HomePage or call AppleCare Support Line to enroll it

//adamsen87

6. bossass macrumors regular

You should do that. Once you have it, there's no reason not to activate it right away. It will give you full phone support right away, which you lose three months after computer purchase if you don't have Applecare.

7. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

Normally, waiting isn't a bad idea. On something like a laptop, if you accidently screw it up (like drop it on the sidewalk) or get it stolen, AppleCare won't cover you, so getting it early might just screw you over. However, since you have the option to get it at half price, that's probably the best course of action.

8. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Whoa where did you get that offer? If hope you're not talking about the $183 education price.

Anyways, you can wait and get it later in the year. I'm thinking about getting AppleCare if I get problems within the first year but usually no problems arise after that unless it's due to normal wear. Then again I should get it since it means Apple is betting a MacBook can last for 3 years..