If I choose the wireless mouse & keyboard...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AaronICT, Feb 9, 2007.

1. AaronICT macrumors member

I'm getting ready to buy a Mac (see my previous post), and had a simple question:

If I choose the wireless mouse & keyboard, do I get them INSTEAD of the wired ones, or in ADDITION TO them?

2. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

As far as I am aware you get them instead. Apple don't give you are free mouse and keyboard to stick on eBay:(

3. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I went with the logitech wireless setup. Love it. It's a lot better than the stock Apple keyboard and that stupid mighty mouse.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

they replace the wired ones, probably why it costs only $60 when buying an imac versus $130 when bought separately from the apple store.

5. nightsky macrumors member

which one?

I am in the market for a wireless keyboard for my PB g4, but want it to be compatible w/windows. What did u decide to purchase? Thanks

6. akadmon macrumors 68010

I have the same setup as CANEHDN. The Logitech wireless KB and mouse work with Windows (no reason they shouldn't, it's just standard USB stuff). The Apple key functions as the Windows key under Windows. The only annoyance (minor) is the lack of the Insert key.

7. tristan macrumors 6502a

If you ask nicely, maybe they'll throw in some wires for free. Then you can plug in your wireless mouse and keyboard. :D

In addition to the smart ass remark, I will say that I do have the wireless pro keyboard and really like it. I got it from Amazon a couple of months ago.

8. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

How do they look against your Mac?
    Which models did you choose?

9. nightsky macrumors member

Logitech s530 wireless desktop

Got a good deal last night w/$10 Google checkout and $20 rebate from Buy.com, missed the free shipping b/c i did not know I had to request during checkout since it was advertised w/item ( Still $32. after rebate is good for S530? Is the mouse that comes w/set worth keeping or do I need another mouse?

10. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

Careful...

I have both the Apple BT Mouse (non-Mighty) and the Apple BT Keyboard for my iBook G4 and I love them, no complaints. However -- I seem to recall a post about a year ago, where somebody's iMac BT didn't work properly, so he was screwed. The mouse or keyboard wouldn't work at all. With a laptop, however, you've always got the built-in fallback that you don't have with the iMac.

If I was buying an iMac today I'd get the wired version, as much as I like BT, simply because I like the idea of the additional USB plugs on the keyboard.

11. natemonster macrumors member

natemonster

go wireless apple keyboard and mighty mouse. note: if using windows on your mac get wired keyboard and find a usb mouse.