If I have to camp out for the Verizon Iphone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iusername20, Jan 30, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

So I am eligible for an iphone upgrade, only thing is I have to wait until the fourth to pay my monthly bill so they won't let me pre order. If worse comes to worse and they sell out on the pre orders by the fourth, what time or day do you recommend camping out? I live in NYC, queens to be exact. And do you recommend the verizon store or the apple store? I was thinking the verizon store at 5pm on the ninth. I'm asking you guys because I'm sure you all have experience. Thanks!

2. macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I used to camp out for concert tickets like Pink Floyd when I was younger ... go by at 3pm before people get off work and see if the line has started.

Crazy but good luck :cool:

3. macrumors 68040

I'd say 5PM sounds good. I won't be surprised if you find others camping around midnight or so. As for me, I'd be camping at 3AM on the 3rd in front of my computer hoping their servers don't crash.

4. gta50419, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

macrumors 6502

lol i don't think the verizon iphone 4 release will be no where near as big as the original iphone 4 release. There might be 8-10 people there to get the iphone but nothing big.I would be surprised to see if people camp out for a phone that's 6 months old just because it's on a new carrier. Everyone who really wanted the iphone 4 already got one.

I would just go in the store anytime, anyday & get your iphone.

5. macrumors 603

saving107

You can go wait in line now. its never to early.

[​IMG]

6. thread starter macrumors regular

That can't be for the verizon iphone on the 10th

7. macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

You should start camping now. Before the zombie apocalypse.

8. macrumors 603

saving107

No, that was the line for the iPhone 4 back in June.

9. macrumors 6502

amen to that, i might even bail on my thursday classes

10. macrumors newbie

+1 That is my plan, too! I think they'll have server traffic, but I think everyone is going to get a phone...I think we're getting whipped up into a frenzy by the great marketing minds at Apple and Verizon...there will be enough iPhones for everyone...

11. thread starter macrumors regular

You think there will be enough for pre orders on the 4th?

12. macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

As i stated in another thread, I'm SURE there will be plenty to go around come release day. You really think verizon wants the negative press they will get if they dont have enough iphone 4s on launch day? They are more than well prepared and have learned from all the mistakes ATT has made in the past regarding this.

13. macrumors 6502

hahahaha

14. macrumors 6502

j3yq

I don't think that you will need to camp out to get the Veriphone, unless you want to say your the first to have it lol

15. macrumors regular

gemnilocs

just called my local Verizon store and they will open at 7am on launch day. I am happy about this because it will hopefully give me time to get home,sync with iTunes and then head to work. hopefully there won't too many folks there but I will be prepared for it if so.

16. macrumors 65816

Zepaw

What stores will be selling it on the 10th? Apple stores and the first-party Verizon retailers? I assume the dinky little Verizon Certified Reseller in my town won't have it day one. I would be willing to make a little drive to get it if the "official" Verizon store will have it.

17. macrumors 6502a

digitard

It's all very store dependent. The bigger and more visible the store is the more people will be camping out most likely. I will be staying away from Apple stores if I can't get mine ordered on the 3rd because they are very high traffic/profile around me.

My friend works at a Verizon store, in fact I got him the job when I worked in the industry a few years back, and if I have to camp out he's going to keep an eye on the line for me prior to closing on the 2nd and give me the heads up on if I should come earlier or how it's looking at close.

You may want to look for the more remote Verizon "Owned and Operated" stores. Stay away from Apple stores since they're few and far between, and will probably be much busier. Although they may be a more "fun crowd" to be with while you're waiting.

18. macrumors 68040

bigjnyc

It's the middle of winter and very cold in NYC... you would be crazy to camp out.

Now that I think of it if Apple maintains this release schedule with the GSM phone in June and then the Verizon phone in february... the AT&T phone will always have bigger crowds lining up.... well at least in cold climate states.

19. thread starter macrumors regular

Hey I camped out for the Wii in the middle of the winter a couple years ago in Rockefeller Center. I'm prepared.

20. macrumors 65816

hehe!

OP, You will get cold, miserable and bored but at least the end product will be a Verizon iPhone 4!

21. macrumors 68040

djransom

I would think your chances would be greater at the Apple store as oppose to VZ store.