If I purchase a Mini now and they announce refresh, do I qualify for anything?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by stanny, Jan 25, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

As title, can I return it and pay a little more to get a new one or something? I ain't in the US, I'll be buying this in Thailand at one of their resellers. Some sort of up-to-date program perhaps?

2. macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

No "up to date" thing. If you don't open it, you can return it within 14 days. If you do open it, you can return it within 14 days, paying 10% of the purchase price.

3. macrumors regular

Blakely028

If you get the Mini within 14 days and don't open it before the new one is released, I think you get a discount. Don't quote me on that :D

4. macrumors member

Discretion of the store- they just swapped mine even though it was opened.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Don't think that's how it works here. Southeast Asian countries rarely have a proper return policy in place. I'll check with the store.

6. macrumors 6502

YMMV outside the USA.

7. macrumors 6502a

But then what exactly would be the point in buying a computer, leaving it in the box for 2 weeks to see if a new version comes out ..... just wait :)

8. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I wouldn't count on updates... From my pov, I see no reason for Apple to update the Mini to cutting edge technology. Why? Sure it's a cheap Mac for first timers, but they make less money and people will have a lesser experience when hunting around for keyboards, mice, and displays. If they already have it, great, but not everyone does. And to put all that effort into a little box...

9. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yes.......

A sense of regret.........

Brought to you by the "people who believe they owe you a living foundation."
    :rolleyes: