if I've never played/owned a NFS game, is Carbon a good buy for the Wii?

Discussion in 'Games' started by seenew, Nov 17, 2006.

1. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

I'm getting Zelda with my Wii tomorrow night for sure, but I want another game. I was thinking Excite Truck, but after seeing the video review on IGN, and watching some of the other videos, it seems kinda shallow.
    I've always been into racing games, that was the majority of what I owned on my N64. The GCN had a shortage for me (no RUSH games! :() so I'm looking at NFS this time around, and it looks pretty fun. Any objections? :D

2. snakelda macrumors 6502

IF you are getting it for the GC,try getting it for PS2 or more prefferevely Xbox or Xbox 360.The GC and PS2 don't have online and Xbox and Xbox 360 do.Xbox 360 has the best graphics.I would say go for either PS2 or Xbox.If you have no choice,then get it for GC.

3. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Do you like realistic or arcadeish racers more?

If you like realistic you might want to take a peak at GT Pro and if you like arcadeish I think you should give Excite another go, after all I am hearing it is the best in terms of arcade racers in the Wii for the moment.

I don't care much for NFS, out of the new "Underground" games, I liked Underground and Underground 2 and then they started to become repetitive.

Hmm I wouldn't get a Wii racer anyway... Excite Truck seems a tad short and I was kinda hoping it would be a great multiplayer game but MP is the biggest weakness of the game, I'm sure that being a huge Gran Turismo fan I would find GT Pro unnappealing and then there's Need For Speed which I could just get for the PS2.

Now Super Monkey Ball... there is an interesting game to pick up with Zelda.

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I have played NFS Underground 2, and i have to say i was underwhelmed. There was LOADS of in game adverts like you get these stupid messages from Cingular, billboards all over the place, ugh it was frustrating. Plus the gameplay got repetitive. I can't vouge and say that this is the case in Carbon, but i'm not a huge fan of the series' latest games personally.

5. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

EA is trying to ruin out favorite franchises... :mad:

I don't like EA, they are too big a company.

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I played NFS:C on a PS2, and it seemed just like Underground and Most Wanted. Save your money for a GOOD driving game.

7. seenew thread starter macrumors 68000

seenew

Bah. Excite Truck just doesn't look very deep at all, and the multiplayer sucks. I really don't think I'll get that game, unless it drops in price down the road.

Anyone know when a good racer is coming out for the Wii? I heard that GT Pro game was really crappy, too.

I guess I'll go pick up Super Monkey Ball and Rayman. :( I really wanted a racer.

8. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

Get Rayman Raving Rabbids. I got it last night and me and my girlfriend played it for 7 hours strait. It has got to be the funnest, funniest game Ive ever played, and one of the few games out that was built from the ground up around the Wii controller. Not like all the ported games with Wii funtionality slapped on as an afterthought.

9. seenew thread starter macrumors 68000

seenew

Well, it's a racing game, there's not much beyond steering that they could add on. I am going to get Rayman, my roommate got it and I loved it. I just want a good racing game, and this one LOOKS visually appealing, lots of cars (and several of my favorite bands in the soundtrack), and it looks fast. I'm a huge fan of the Rush series and F-Zero, so I want a good-looking fast game.

I don't care if it's just a rehash of the older versions of NFS, with added controls and better graphics. I never owned NFS. I just need to know if it's a good racing franchise to buy into.

10. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

11. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I had NFS preordered, but canceled the preorder. It's actually supposed to control very well, but the story is very, very short and the canyon races are apparently stupid and also the boss races for territory are just the same people over and over. I'm going to rent it before I buy it.

Also, thanks for the info on Raving Rabbids. I wanted to get it, but my friends convinced me it was stupid. I think I'll pick it up. The bunnies are hilarious. :)

Daniel.

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Excite Truck is ridiculously fun, despite its shallowness :)

13. seenew thread starter macrumors 68000

seenew

Anyone know if Wii games are out to rent yet?

I guess I'd try NFS:C, Red Steel, and Excite Truck..

14. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

My buddy rented Call of Duty from Blockbuster, so yes, they're renting. I believe they're $7.99 there though. :eek:

Daniel.

P.S. CoD is amazing, by the way. I think I'm stuck though. :confused:

P.P.S. I only played a few levels of Excite Truck, but I found it ridiculously hard. Like I finished races in high places, but I just feel like the game moves too fast for my mind to handle. Maybe I'm too old?