if mbp c2d lcd's are changed - will they do recall on past sold mbp's

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by baybegirl, Nov 10, 2006.

1. baybegirl macrumors member

Oct 7, 2006
    people have been talking about apple halting the production process of mbp c2d's, and possibly because they're fixing the uneven backlight/bad viewing angles of the lcd.
    if this is actually the case. will those who already bought a mpb c2d...will they replace the lcd with the new one being used?..or they won't do anything.
  2. andrewfee macrumors 6502

Aug 29, 2004
    They won't do anything, it's not like the old ones were faulty, they just weren't great LCDs.

The viewing angle on my matte C2D isn't great, I think it's just a laptop thing.
  3. gcdrwhom macrumors member

Oct 25, 2006
    the ATL
    Where are these reports that the screens are being discontinued?
  4. roadapple macrumors regular

Oct 21, 2004
    - No, Apple will not.
  5. azzurri000 macrumors 6502

Nov 9, 2005
    Yes, I'd like to see some background info, too.
  6. iW00t macrumors 68040

Nov 7, 2006
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    These very same panels have been used since the CD MBPs. Apple knows. They just don't care.
  7. brikeh macrumors 6502a

Jan 24, 2006
    Its not that bad..ppl are going nuts over this. I dont remember owners of CD MBPs complaining this much over the LCD. This has me looking for stuff that isnt neccesarily there. If I hadnt read all these posts I might not have seen it. :(
  8. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Dec 27, 2004
    Avon, IN
    Haha... yeah macrumors has made me notice things I would never have noticed in the past. The site can be very helpful but also cause high levels of paranoya as well. Try to keep everything in perspective. It is a shame Apple doesn't use a higher quality LCD in their Pro line computers :( The display on my MacBook looks much better than the display on my MBP looked (granted it is easier to make backlighting even on smaller screens).
  9. renesis21 macrumors newbie

Sep 4, 2006
    Where did you happen to read this? I'd be pretty interested as I'm about to recieve my MBP really soon.
  10. srf4real macrumors 68030

Jul 25, 2006
    paradise beach FL
    ya right, you bought it like it was, didn't you! No new screen for people who thought the old screen was good enough...:p
  11. heehee macrumors 68020

Jul 31, 2006
    Same country as Santa Claus
    It's just how LCDs are. I haven't seen a LCD Monitor that have even brightness on the entire screen. If you find one that doesn't cost over $1500, let me know. ;)

Why do you think graphic designers still use CRTs? Yes, I'm a graphic designers but I use an ACD at "work". :D The ACD have uneven bightness, but so does the Dells and LGs at work.

I think people just need to complain about something since they have nothing else to complain about the C2D MPB.
  12. brikeh macrumors 6502a

Jan 24, 2006
    Yup exactly! People should do their research here and once they get their system(if theyre happy with it) stay away from the forums for a couple of weeks! :D :D