If New Prods Announced Paris Expo- How b4 available?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by larrikin1, Aug 24, 2005.

1. larrikin1 macrumors newbie

Aug 24, 2005
    I am about to by a new dual 2.7 g5 - a am a fimmaker and will use it to edit. If these rumours about a new g5 coming out soon (dual core 970) are true I might wait. So, say they announce on Sept 20 such a new machine - how long would one expect before it was available on the market?

PS - Any opinions on whether the new dual core 970 g5s will be a major upgrade and worth waiting for video editing ?

2. quackattack macrumors 6502a

Aug 13, 2004
    Boise, ID
    It depends, sometimes it can be several weeks, sometimes they are ready to ship at announcement. With PMs I suspect there may be some wait.
  3. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

Mar 6, 2005
    From what i have seen more recently from apple, they seem to start shipping products almost immiedietly after they announce them at expo's......During the expo the online apple store will close and it will come back up after the expo finishes with the new products for sale and they are usually available to ship within 24 hours....

Gone are the days a product is announced and the consumer has to wait several weeks before getting there hands on one,

As for your question on the dual core worth waiting for?? I'd say yes its definatly worth waiting the few extra weeks as there is a strong chance it will be released or at least the dual processor G5's will be upgraded, so hold on a bit longer it should be worth it.