If [searchable lyrics in iTunes]

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Camille, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Camille macrumors regular

What if files had lyrics and we could search in iTunes, lets say for flowers, and iTunes would find all the songs containing the word flower?
    Wouldn't it be great?
    Think of the posibilitys!
    We could create smart playlists that find words in the lyrics!

2. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Sounds like a great idea, and I know a music retailer would love this search option when a customer comes into a store with a jingle or a line of a song is stuck in they mind and don't have any idea of what, where, who, etc.. is the song from or by whom. :)

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Just paste the lyrics into the "comments" field and then you can make your smart playlists that way.

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Nice suggestion. Maybe it would have been even better if you made it over in the iTunes 7 wishlist-thread... ;)

5. Kobushi macrumors 6502a

Kobushi

*weighs which is more irritating and decides to post something more constructive (albeit only slightly)*

A lyric search would do me no good as I often find out I have the words in some complete mutation. i.e.

Island Girls = I Like Girls (No I don't like the song. doesn't keep me from getting the words wrong, though :)

There are so many more, but I can't think of 'em now. Well....I can think of one...but it's MR inappropriate ;)

6. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Here is what I usually do if I know the lyrics but not the artist:

I type the phrase "in quotes" into that handy Google search bar present in Safari and FireFox. I generally get the artist and title I am looking for.

Say for instance, I keep hearing this catchy tune that begins with "the world is a vampire". Here is what it brings up: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22the+world+is+a+vampire%22&btnG=Google+Search

Whoa! No way! It is the Smashing Pumpkins. Sweet!

Anyway, yeah it would be a cool feature for 7.0.