if two monitors are good, then......

Discussion in 'Community' started by 3rdpath, Aug 1, 2002.

1. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
  2. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Oh man... ahhhh... oh man...

Damn.

I want one.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Stop that...

Looking at monitors like that, is like going to a fancy restraunt with no prices on the menu.

They should just print the final bill on a bullet and deliver it staight into your brain, this'll at least save you the shock of reading the final tally.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Not bad, but it would be much cheaper to just get 3 17" Apple LCDs and an extra video card and end up with almost the same thing.

Cool stuff though - I wouldn't turn one down if it was offered to me :D

5. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

That's old news... I saw a product like that a few years back. But I am pretty sure they used three 17" displays, not three 15" lcd's (like the one linked to).

If you look at the spec's you can see that they are below what quality LCD's are these days.

Check out the spec's for the ViewSonic VG175 that I actually have on my desk... brightness of 230 nits and a contrast ratio of 600:1 (typ). Compare that to the brightness of 150 and contrast of 250:1 (typ) of that trio and it doesn't really impress all that much. IF the three display had spec's on par with the ViewSonic (or Apple) displays that are readily available, then it would be the balls... As it stands, it's a nifty gimmick, but doesn't have much practicality (at least not to me). :eek: :p :D :cool:

6. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

i want three;)
    do you nead the towel?

7. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

OMG! Would that work with a Mac? Man, I would love to have that. That would be just absolutely unreal. Excuse me, while I go change my shorts. :D

8. maxw macrumors newbie

Limit?

I know the limit on the amount of monitors on a mac always used to be seven, even if you had more video cards. Does that mean you could have two of these, with a huge 23" display in the middle? Nice! :)

9. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

A while back I proposed a second AGP slot

And I got seriously chewed on for the suggestion.

With a second AGP you could do a set of the larger, room-sized ones and still have a DVI left over for an 18" Cintiq.:D But (as Duke and others may attest to) I am a sick freak in my I/O tastes.:p :cool: ;)

10. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

mischief, I agree. Two AGP slots would just friggin rock! Hook up your PowerBook to your HDTV in all of its splender. Now, what does Duke have to do with you I/O tastes. :confused:

11. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

RE: Duke and My taste in Home offices.

Duke, Eye, Teabgs, Asurace, D0ct0rteeth and a couple others have been fiddling with a Game concept and I put together a rather extravegant "Ideal" home office list to get them inspired.

I had it all set up around some very nice Swedish chairs (www.ekornes.com ) on armateurs (www.ergotron.com) with a 23" Cinema, an 18" Cintiq, a VERY nice split ergo keyboard mounted to the chair arms.....

It was the Uubergeek home office. The idea was to have the urge, upon sitting down to say either "Make it so." or "Engage.":D

12. 3rdpath thread starter macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    their info says it works with 0s 9 and X...but they don't post a price...guess if you have to ask you can't afford it=which counts me out:mad:

man, do i need a third monitor and all of my pci's are full...so until i buy the new g4 its toggle screens all day/night...drag,drag,drag(literally

:D )

13. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I sow that display in the last sci-fi Arnold "Shwartseneger" movie when he was cloned.

For me that monitor is uglie. I rather have 2 17".

14. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

At the price they be willing to sell the triple 18" monitor, I think I'd rather buy a new car.

15. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

Re: RE: Duke and My taste in Home offices.

it says it is norwegian;)
    but it is real nice

16. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

That thing looks like it could take up alot of space....why not just buy a plasmatron....

17. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Re: Re: RE: Duke and My taste in Home offices.

Doh! Caught in my own prejudices.....

(Mischief stands at attention and solemnly pies himself):p :rolleyes: ;)