if upgrade my hard drive can i still register reason again?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by lyons238, Apr 17, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

ok so i just installed reason but im upgrading my hd. will i still be able to register it again and download refills and such?

2. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Your best bet is to clone/copy over all of your data to the new hard drive before installing it. Super Duper! is a favorite but you can restore all of your data back using Time Machine as well.

It should save you the time and worry of downloading what you need again or using another software registration.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah but i want to re install osx and start fresh...so would i still be able to re register it or would i not even have to?

4. macrumors G4

Why? The bits don't really care how long they've been on the disk.

But even so, if yu like you can install Mac OS X from the DVD then restore all the applications and user data from time machine. I just went through that process after a disk failed

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

because some hidden folders and stuff got messed up when i was doing something and i want to install fresh. im not asking how to re install, i know how to do that, iv changed hard drives quite a few times....my question was will i be able to register reason on the new hd or will it recognize it as a diff user using someone elses reason...