Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2001
Miami
Do you need some one from venezuela in your company?

For sure he would move ten minutes later but I would ask him so many things and kick his ass* for not paying attention to audio in Macs. Then I would talk to him about the G5 stuff. Then about the price of Macs, etc, etc.

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
Probably "thanks for the lift, commercial air travel is soooo 1999".

Then I'd say how impressed I was with the G5, and inquire about things like how much pilots and fuel cost.

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Originally posted by Nipsy
Probably "thanks for the lift, commercial air travel is soooo 1999"

Yeah, I doubt SJ would fly around in a commercial plane. His private one is one of the nicest private planes out there.

If he was on a commercial plane (Gulfstream in the shop, maybe?), I'd ask him where my PowerMac 970 was!

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
:eek:pen mouth stare:

I would ask about whats coming from apple and why it will be 'insanely great' .

Tell him that I dream of working for his company... :rolleyes:

I would *ha* at the end of me drooling try to ask 'whats coming' leading up to the 'ARE YOU GONNA USE THE IBM 970 SOON?' question right before he moves away or gets me kicked off at 20,000 ft. ;)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Re: If you are in a plane and Steve Jobs seats beside you, what would you say to him?

I would definitely be saying...

"I am NOT a stalker, I am NOT a stalker"

as I am led out of his private jet in handcuffs, and put into a straightjacket.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
i would hit on him :p i'm kidding.
I would ask him if he could get me a date with Avie Tevanian or Jonathan Ive, or perhaps lunch with him.

And then ask him to convince the stupid teachers and students at our school to switch to macs, because all the "geniuses" are using PC's and only three people in a school with 2500+ students uses macs :)

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
"Steve! When the Hell are you gonna get a new processor?!?!?! Get going bud, were falling behind!!!! Get on it! Now!!!! *followed by me getting arrested on the plane, and being thrown in jail for 10 years for so called "terrorist activities"*

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2002
For some reason I doubt that he would want to talk tech. I bet that everyone talks about Apple and tech with him, and he gets really sick of it really quickly. Personally, i think I would just make small talk with him. Maybe talk about, his life, and his opinions on certain things. But for some reason I feel that it would almost be disrespectful to speak of tech around him. I know that if I were like him, it would irk me.

skymaXimus

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2003
I would totally pull a "Yao Ming" and whip out my 12" ... PowerBook and watch a dvd or something. Then in about 10min I would lean over and have him feel the palm rest and talk about how you can fry eggs on it. Then I would have him autograph the battery or something!

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Originally posted by funkywhat2
Maybe talk about, his life, and his opinions on certain things....
hit on his wife laurene.
she's supposedly very very attractive :p
then watch as the blood slowly drains out of you after steve fatally stabs you (my bf's dreams i bet :p)

macphoria

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2002
I'm with jethroted.

I'll probably harass him during entire flight, saying "dude, what's up with G5 man? What's up with the delay? C'mon man, you are lagging! You are losing it! C'mon, open up some can of whupass on them Pentiums!"

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
I'd be like, "That's pretty sneaky how you claimed that your salary was only $1 while receiving a $40 million dollar plane and another $40mil for maintenance. I want my share"

pretentious

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2002
"Reality"
I would lean over and shake his hand and say "Thank you for wonderful products that you brought to the world, and for all of the future 'Insainly Great' things yet to be unveiled."

Wouldn't want or need to do or say anything further.

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia
Now that is just rude

I consider Steve Jobs to be a celebrity and I know that celebrities hate this kind of situation. I would not feel like it is my right to talk Apple or Pixar with him. If he started a conversation then it would be different.

I would ask him if he remembered that eMail I sent to his .Mac address late last year when I predicted the OS X only Macs would not boot into OS 9 because they would feature FireWire 2. Maybe he would be so impressed that he would offer me a job, which of course I would turn down on the basis that he has a reputation of being an insensitive prick to his most valued employees.

Steradian

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2002
San Jose
I guess i would ask him what he has stored in the over head compartment, then complement him on his ability to effectively keep apple afoat, then pull out my powerbook :). I would attempt tobe polite (not easy for me) andslowly work up to questions about "the future of apple" Ask hime if he reads rumor site from time to time...then move back to a normal disscusion... about his reasons for being a vegan etc. then request a non meat meal...then wake up from the dream...

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
Originally posted by macphoria
I'm with jethroted.

I'll probably harass him during entire flight, saying "dude, what's up with G5 man? What's up with the delay?

You'll be sitting in the G5, so factually, you'll be up with the G5.

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
I talked to him.. at Macworld Tokyo last year. Told him how great the iMac was, and he said "Yeah, I know." Heh. But it was right before the keynote, and I shook his hands, but he didn't seem nervous or anything at all. Guess it's just that he's done it so many times...

irmongoose

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Steradian, nice sig!

I would probably have to many things to say to be cool, so i would probably blurt out a sentence like,
"Wow, it's amazing to actually meet you how did I get on your private jet please don't have me arrested, thank you for Apple computer can we please get better advertisements I really would like a job no I am not a psycho where are all of those Lisas buried why do you only wear turtlenecks now especially in the middle of July at MWNY thank you."

See, a nonsensical rant.

Regards,
Gus

awulf

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2002
South Australia
I'll take out my PB100 and watch hypercard animations with sound. Then he'll get annoyed by the 1-bit graphics and the 8-bit sound he'll give me 17" PB just to turn the damn PB100 off :D .

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
redAPPLE: I know where you live you know? Just slide that 17" PB with the G5 over to my side, and noone gets hurt.

SJ: But...

redAPPLE: No buts... *smirk* See this piece of steak? I read rumor sites. I think you can predict where this will be, if you do not pass the PB over.

And do not call the stewardess. I have a pc notebook with a backstreetboyz video running...

SJ: *Schocked* You're crazy...

redAPPLE: No. An opportunist. A genuis. I think different you know?

THEN SUDDENLY, EVERYTHING HAPPENED SO FAST, I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! mini-me popped out from the compartment and hit my head with an iPod with a different color. Not a fruity color. A more solid colored iPod.

Then SJ was gone, the PB on one hand and mini-me on the other. :(

At least i got an iPod, and a headache :D

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
"Jodie Foster, this is for you Baabbbyyyy!!!"

"Wait a minute, you're not Bill Gates." :eek:

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
TO tell you the truth, I would ask him if he would be interested
to help me build a health club, and if there could possible be
an apple store in it. :D

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
If you are in a plane and Steve Jobs seats beside you, what would you say to him?

What's your favourite Beach Boys tune....?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.