If you bought an iMac on Saturday....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Mr. Anderson, May 3, 2005.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I just found out from a friend that he bought an iMac Saturday...... :eek:

I think he bought it at the Apple Store and I was wondering if they have any policies concerning returns? He's a little irate at the moment and I can't really blame him.

Although, the last time I talked to him I told him to let me know when he was ready to buy one so I could let help him.......

Oh well

Thanks,

D

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

That sucks. If he'd at least have gotten in 10% off on Friday, then maybe he wouldn't feel so horrible - or would accept paying the 10% restocking fee.

Now... well, I feel sorry for him.

3. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

They have a 10 day price guarantee. He can get a refund of the difference by going back to the Apple Store and doing a price match. Depending on which model he bought, he'll get $300-400 back and that should make him feel much, much better. :)

4. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I also just found out that he called the Apple Store and they said there is a 14 return policy with a 10% restocking fee. So he's going to probably do that and eat the 10% and still end up paying the same for a better machine.

D

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That sounds like a very fair deal. Maybe he will get lucky if he purchases a new machine, that they could wave the fee. It will probably depend on the policy at that store and how he explains his situation. Managers at times can be very lenient, at least in my experience.

So have you place an order for your wife's new iMac yet? Hope that she will be please. A very lucky wife indeed.

6. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm going to go to the Apple Store and get one in Chicago - and I haven't told her yet, so it will be a surprise. Hopefully they'll have one tomorrow....

D