If you build it, they will come......

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by stubeeef, May 2, 2005.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Ok, everyone put on your best geek beenie.

Everyone got theirs on?

Lets begin with this; cross "Back To The Future" with that funky baseball flick with what's his name (field of dreams with cosner?), then kinda do it in a star trek convention format, and WAAA LAAA!

The Time Traveler Convention. Yes it is time for us all to get together.

Link
    I have a feeling they will be showing Star Trek reruns (i like those) lots of StarWars and the like, including of course The movie version of the Orson Wells classic, The Time Machine, and 'Somewhere in Time" with Christopher Reeves. And don't forget, geeky alien costumes! :p

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

No, We Won't

Trust me, we time travelers aren't going to show up at some damn organized event just because you think it's a good idea. When we travel back in time, we're careful to show up at a time and place where we won't be noticed... we do what we need to do here, and then we return from whence we came, all without letting any of you know what's going on.

Oops. Perhaps I've said too much.

3. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

the way you said that made me think, what if time travel was so everyday, such a part of the everyday that people tt just to go back in time to go to the bathroom and dump the trash.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I won't be able to make it this time...but it really does seem like it would be fun to watch for a bit. I hope they post pics.

If someone from the future does show up, how do they prove it, though :D

D

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I've been thenthere already, and trust me, none of us show up in a time machine.

6. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

any money they tell us the answer is 43 not 42 as we have long since believed!! :p

well me anyway

7. angelneo macrumors 68000

Yeah, you are right, we probably couldn't differentiate them from those geeky alien costumes some trekkies wore. :p

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The only useful thing I can see about people making a big deal about this convention would be that it makes it quite easy for a real time traveler to rob everybody's house while they were at the convention.

What better way to prove time travel is possible, while not showing your face.

Plus you can make a $ or two while your at it. ;)

9. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I hope someone from the future will post mac related topics, that would be great... let's start the whining because the old steve will promise 10 GHz G9 PMs and will delay them 2.5 years.

10. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

stupid MIT students. . . only giving 2 dimensional corridinates!!! in the future they use a 4 dimensional system, so you can punch everything in to your UPS (universal positioning system) (UPS the company is way out of business, bought by FdX (or FedEx as it is called now)) well, anyway, i showed up, but was a week late and 600 feet too high! i hate converting dates/time into the 4D UPS standard!