If you can help me answer this I will love you forever

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by marklight, Apr 7, 2006.

1. marklight macrumors 6502

Sorry for the title- On to the question!

Right now I edit on a PC. Premiere Pro, and After Effects Mainly. I want to get into mac editing , but at the same time I NEED a jump in performance. I want to edit HD video - mainly 720p from my JVC HD1 unit.

Currently I'm using (yes this is an older pc) AMD athlon 2400+ Barton, 1 gig of pc2700 ram, and a 128mb agp video card.

Do any of the new intel macs- mainly the macbook pro offer a good jump in speed with Final Cut Studio-

And also, I plan to use apple boot camp so that I can run windows and have access to adobe after effects, which I'm sure runs better on windows, then under emulation for mac as of right now. So will I see good boosts in speed there?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Yeah, you're going to see a big jump over the Barton. I had a Barton +2800 before I switched to Mac. My G5 2.0 GHz encodes faster than my old machine. The new Intel Core Duo iMacs are going to rock even more. :cool:

3. marklight thread starter macrumors 6502

so you're saying that your G5 runs really well- are you saying that the intel 2.0's run as well if not better than the G5's?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

My G5 runs faster compared to the Barton. The Intels are even better than the G5. Plus you get two CPU cores on one chip.