If you could be Steve Jobs for a Day...

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacFan25, Apr 19, 2003.

1. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

If you could be Steve Jobs for a day, what would you do? Would you finally release new iPods? Would you unveil a new product?

If I could be Steve Jobs for a day, I think that I would release new iPods, and unveil the Apple Music Service. If I could, then I would also unveil 15" AluBooks.

So, what would you do?

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I would probably round up all my apple gear and unrelased products and send them to my real self. I wouldn't release anything and I might give scoops to regular more crappy rumors sites so they are able to score a big one. I would also donate that private jet to me and maybe ensure an internship for myself next summer but its quite modest when u think about it.

3. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-MacFan25

I'd instruct the Director of Marketing to solicit we Mac users with all the video production goodies like FCP, FCX, and iMovie to write, and produce our own 15, 30, and 60 second TV spots for Apple.

We Mac users then could attack the Myths directly thereby promoting Macs better (the way we see them)

"I could market Macintosh better than Apple Marketing in my sleep"

Apple could save a load of cash as they only have to approve the ads they wish to air by paying for the air time. No need for writers producers, directors, art directors crews, cutting, editing etc. (you get the point.) or even Advertising Agencies to chew up cash.

4. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

If I were SJ for a day, I wouldn't even *think* about computers! I'd jump in my private jet, head out to Vegas, get a high-roller suite at the Bellagio, order up some hookers and a few bottles of champagne, and then party in the hot tub with my new friends until the sun came up.

I guess that's why I'm not a 'captain of industry.' :D

5. janey macrumors 603

janey

i would resign as CEO and instead be the head of marketing, then fire myself to see how bad it makes people feel.
    steve never shows a lot of respect to the marketing people...

6. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Lets see, I would of cource have an executive power to give macs to me on my 'not-steve jobs' days. :D
    Forever of coarse...

Lets see once the 970 comes I will file a suit against Moto (bastards).
    And get a deal for macworld New York to come back, I don't want 'create' or No Expo!!

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

how about a wwdc every month, with a less pricier e-ticket (like $10, instead of the current $1-2k), i would love that...

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Hire Ron Popeil as the director of sales and marketing for PC versions of Apple software...

Give him the goal of getting Appleworks and Keynote on the desktop of PCs everywhere.

9. Computer_Phreak macrumors 6502

well...
    Id send mad cash and products plus upcoming info to my real self, and also give my real self a job at apple.

Also I'd make iTunes have skins and port it to the PC.

10. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

I would...

Fire Moto, get 970's and 980's in all the Macs pronto. Hmmm...

I would probably send my real self all the latest hardware and software imaginable...basically what MrMacman said. :D

11. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

how original--"i would make all the rumors come true in one day." :rolleyes:

i would get rid of those damn one button mice, and use something like the kensington pro mice, with BT though.

12. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I'd walk into a cloning lab with a shotgun and plenty of ammo...

nuf said.

13. janey macrumors 603

janey

i love one button mice...but the problem is most multi-button mice are specifically for right handed people (like...most of you) and for lefties it's just really uncomfortable.

14. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

you couldn't be more wrong :p. This is my mouse. it's symmetrical along the lengthwise vertical axis, so it feels the same in either hand, and you can always switch the buttons around so that right clicking is left clicking and so on.

i'm actually left-handed, though i trained my right hand to use the mouse because a lot of MS mice are, as you say, for right-handed folks only. it's a limitation, but the mouse i have is the best mouse ever, period, no matter which hand you use. the apple one button mouse is fine, but it's certainly not pro. pro is efficiency at the cost of simplicity. the one-button mouse is simplicity over efficiency, 100%.

15. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

That's actually pretty cool...

I didn't know about this mouse. Thanks for the head's up. :D

16. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

Re: That's actually pretty cool...

good times. i've had mine for about 7 months now, since before i got my mac. it is by far the best mouse i have ever seen, and it's been advertised on the back of Macworld Magazine for maybe 8-9 months... that's where i saw it. they're actually advertising the cordless version now, which came out after i bought mine :rolleyes:

17. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'd grow a conscience and start using it by showing respect to the people who actually do the work at Apple. I'd also put a good share of my bonus money into helping those people take care of themselves and their families.

That would be better than looking like an Epicurean.

After making other people feel better, I'd commission a quick Darwin porting frenzy to every desktop and small server processor currently available, find the best, and set my sights on change.

18. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

collect all the money and shut down apple and all other companies
    owned by apple and then buy an apple... wait..............

damn.

;)

19. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Too complicated. Just do as I do, and kill the clones. I've got an extra gun if you'd like :D

Off to the next cloning laboratory... :cool:

20. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

21. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Like, duh, why didn't I think of that?

I've been guilty of being far too altruistic. Dang! That IS a brilliant idea! I wonder how much interest $4 billion would make in tax-free municipal bonds... heh! :D

22. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I would plan on setting up actual visits by the real Steve to all the Apple stores. The idea to meet with actual customers for input to make the products even better!

23. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

I wonder...

I wonder if Steve would consider that an "insanely great" idea or just insane? ;)

24. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I'd hold a press conference and discuss the posts on MacRumors. Then I'd list the members who come up with unrealistic predicitions for product features (i.e. Video iPod, Backlight keyboard on all laptops, Cube rebirth) and ban them from purchasing Macs (I know, I'm evil :D). Then I'd give all the MacRumors members the computer of their choice (including unreleased models). Oh, and I'd post pics of Apple's R&D center and all the products they have laying around.

25. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

umm dude, sj is married with kids :D