If you could live in one RPG world for the rest of your life...

Discussion in 'Games' started by natehan, Jan 19, 2006.

1. natehan macrumors member

natehan

I would live in the world of Final Fantasy VII. Have fun at Gold Saucer, kill some bad guys with a wicked sword, and hook up with Tifa. Oh, and hopefully join Cloud's gang to save the planet.

WoW would be cool too.

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

3. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

I'd have to say FF7 as well. Remember there is that house for sale in, I believe it's called Costa del Sol or something? Living in Nibelheim, Rocket Town, or Wutai wouldn't be to bad either. Maybe go out with Aeris before she croaks. :p

4. natehan thread starter macrumors member

natehan

Snowboarding at Icicle Inn, checking out the slums in Midgar, look at the insane Mako reactors. Oh yeah, got to get with Aeris before she dies.

5. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

I think I might enjoy relaxing at the Chocobo ranch. Always the happiest place in all of FF7.

6. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

as the hero? or as a random townsperson/whatever? if it's the first, either gta:san andreas (an rpg in my book) or fable. if the 2nd, pokemon crystal.

7. Viewtiful Rich macrumors regular

Viewtiful Rich

For a while there I thought I lived in Spira.

8. GrannySmith_G5 macrumors 6502

I'd choose one with sexual intercourse and occasional non-nerd activities.

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'd live in Skie of Arcadia... I love that RPG :D

11. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

12. Palad1 macrumors 6502a

Palad1

Cyberpunk 2013 'hardwired' Free Nation of L.A

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah but you haven't seen the council estates on the rough side of hyrule :eek:
    Seriously my mate was mugged whilst he was was going about his business picking up pots and throwing them at walls.. :)

14. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

The FF7 world seems cool, but I haven't seen Advent Children yet, so I think I'll reserve judgment on that one until I know more!

Spira would be cool just because the blitzball arena is pretty much the coolest thing ever.

15. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Game Designers' Workshop's Traveller: 2300, later renamed to 2300 AD. Came out in 1986 as a follow-on to their RPG Twilight: 2000. A paper-based RPG in the vein of Dungeons and Dragons, 2300 depicted an interstellar human civilization where the nations of Earth spread out among the stars and forrmed colonies, 300 years from now. France was the big dog (for reasons relating to their role post-World War III), but other nations such as America, Japan, Russia, and Manchuria were prominent.

I did some writing for GDW... got three articles published in their monthly Challenge magazine, another article in The Travellers' Digest, and I contributed to their Earth/Cybertech Sourcebook (I wrote the chapter on Australia, circa 2300). We were negotiating for me to author a complete game module (96 pages) when their plans for 2300 changed.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

not really an RPG world but Halo still fascinates me. just the way you could just step out your house and look up to see different countries or islands whatever. I'd love that.

but for RPG I'd say Golden Sun's big world. I'd live in Knox and go on holiday to Lemuria :)

17. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

Tabletop: White Wolf's New World of Darkness.
    Computer: EVE Online

18. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

As a hero I would live in freelancer as a normal person definetley in uplink hackers elite

19. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

20. Fezwick macrumors 6502

I'm a big D&D fanatic, so I'd say living in Eberron or Krynn would be very cool.

For a video game, I'd have to say the FF7 world.

21. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I guess I'd have to go with Chrono Trigger. You get to chose when you want to live as well as where....

22. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Oh, and my answer would be in Fading Suns, as knight-protector of my liege lord, the Emperor, scion of House Hawkwood. Between daring duels and plasma pistol fights against privateers, I would woo the deliciously beautiful and mysterious Hazat ambassador while watching for the next Decados spy in our ranks.

23. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

24. jiggie2g macrumors 6502

jiggie2g

Final Fantasy X..........I beleve this game took RPG's to a whole new level , with excellent character development, plot twist , superb voice acting and incredible grapphics(for it's time). Damn thing took me 3 months to beat.