Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TigerPRO

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
Wisconsin
I don't think it's all bad, but I do submit, it could be better. Apple just seems to be trying to mix thing up a bit (with a little change, which is good); but many, many users are overly thrilled with the current one, so this only serves as a disappointment.

I would like to notify everyone that there is currently an online petition to Apple, requesting the Metal interface be changed. Please take time to endorse this if you agree:

http://www.petitiononline.com/stopugly/petition.html

I don't think it's all bad because I'm sure some like it better; and I'm only sure one could simply get use to it. However, my personal experience greatly prefers the aqua style and look. The simple solution for Apple is to provide interface options.

P.S. It has been stated that Apple has been moving toward a metal theme for the past couple years (The PowerBooks and G5s for example); and they are in the process of possibly migrating the OS interface to the same theme. While this is a good idea, it's also worthy of note that aqua color contrasted with the metallic gray hardware, is a pleasant one.

beefcake

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2003
Baltimore
I haven't used OS X for very long, but are there customizeable themes like there are for windows? I don't know how strictly coded the operating system is, but can finder be modified to have the aqua style by third party software?

TigerPRO

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2003
Wisconsin
Not Really

There are not themes to select interface design as in windows. I would greatly like to see this though, it's a simple feature that can't go wrong.

I'm sure there are third party products for changing the GUI of Mac OS X. But I would much much rather see this capability built in so it's solid and native to OS X, programmed firsthand. Third Party programs don't compare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.