Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garden Knowm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
California
Nothing healthy to eat at this place.... sure, I can have a Orange Juice... or a milk or a yogurt or my choice of 20 different pasteris, scones, cakes and cookies..

time to start carrying around a banana

iloveyou

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Nothing healthy to eat at this place.... sure, I can have a Orange Juice... or a milk or a yogurt or my choice of 20 different pasteris, scones, cakes and cookies..

pastries and coffee tend to go together, as do pastries and breakfast

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005

iloveyou

I carry a banana with me everywhere I go, even have a special hammock for it.

Not worth as much as it used to be though now that the price of bananas has halved as the growing regions recover from Cyclone Larry.

Why don't you order a pizza and have it delivered?

Grakkle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2006
Earth
You know Starbuck's is in a secret pact with the gym industry.;)

No, I hear you. And the Starbuck's pastries aren't really good enough to justify the empty calories - now my friend Jean-Pierre's French bakery is good enough that calories don't matter.:p

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Scones and pastries aren't exactly healthy, but I always buy the Green Earth drinks if I'm not in the mood for coffee.

Wow, we really jumped on this thread. :)

luv ya bunches! xoxoxo

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
I carry a banana with me everywhere I go, even have a special hammock for it.

Like this?:p

speedo.jpg

Grakkle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2006
Earth
Scones and pastries aren't exactly healthy, but I always buy the Green Earth drinks if I'm not in the mood for coffee.

Wow, we really jumped on this thread. :)

Yeah. Four replies in the same minute. I must need coffee and pastries.;)

The problem with the scones and pastries sold at Starbuck's is that they're even worse than they have to be - too much sugar, too much fat. Some of the best pastries I've eaten have been the simplest and healthiest - not the biggest and soggiest, which is what Starbuck's sells.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Yeah. Four replies in the same minute. I must need coffee and pastries.;)

The problem with the scones and pastries sold at Starbuck's is that they're even worse than they have to be - too much sugar, too much fat. Some of the best pastries I've eaten have been the simplest and healthiest - not the biggest and soggiest, which is what Starbuck's sells.

Truth. I worked at a café last summer where the owner made his own pastries: bear claws, croissants, muffins and sticky buns. They were totally made from scratch in the back room, and while they were decently bad for you, they were much better and better for you than mass produced starbucks stuff.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Like this?:p

speedo.jpg

Nah, more like this....

hygienismo-3-hamaca.jpg

Banana not included because I was taking the photograph. This is what happens everytime I hang the thing out on the line after washing. They all clear off pretty quickly once I tell them what it is....

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
My most local Starbucks sells fruit. And also many delicious items filled with pseudo-fruit.

Too much sugar? Too much fat? Are we so broken by our own luxury?

I, for one, like more than mere roughage. If we must have peristalsis, it might as well kill us.

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
No sandwiches and breakfast sandwiches at your local starbucks? Every starbucks near me has sandwiches delivered daily and a couple are testing out the in house fresh breakfast sandwiches.

I usually get the tuna all the time.

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
My Starbucks (50ft from back door) has fresh fruit, salads and fresh sandwiches, occasionally they have sushi too.

The starbucks on the college/university campuses tend to have greater sushi, sandwiches and salads variety.

My issue is that my starbucks is two stores over from the bakery and three stores from the deli, so I rarely buy food at starbucks...

Garden Knowm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
California
late night.. all the fruit is gone.. I do see a couple guys that might be carrying bananas around.. but I am feeling a bit shy... i am reachig the desperate... and easy to rationalize a scummy sugar delite stage..

stay tuned.... I will take a picture of my yummy... with my new C2D 17 inch...

iloveyou

and thanks for al the suggestions..

Transeau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2005
Alta Loma, CA
Nah, more like this....

hygienismo-3-hamaca.jpg

Banana not included because I was taking the photograph. This is what happens everytime I hang the thing out on the line after washing. They all clear off pretty quickly once I tell them what it is....

That's one big dic.. Banana in that hammock.

OR

That hammock makes you banana look really small.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
LOL!!! Yeah a pizza delivered to Starbucks. :p

We got a pizza delivered to the café I work at. The delivery guy came right up to the counter...it was a really slow, thunderstormy day in late august. No customers. We were hungry. :D

My friends and I also ordered 40 wings delivered to our dorm at college...at 3:30am. After I gave the delivery man a hefty tip, I came to wonder: how does one get the job of late-late-latenight delivery man? :p

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I like Starbucks. They have really nice pastries to. Sure it's probably not the healthiest thing, but they do have low-fat stuff, sandwiches and bottled water.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.