Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
Starbucks bugs me. The coffee is overpriced and while good its not great. They have an attitude problem from the corporate level down.

Plus they were never open when I wanted coffee. I would be walking into work and the place was closed at 7am.

As for missing food-stuffs. I want meat... Something substantial.

Grakkle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2006
Earth
Ummm... hi... :)

it makes me sweat sometimes... I think that means it is strong..

strong=good

cheers

But don't you think it's better to support local coffee places that serve fair-trade, organic, REAL coffee? That way you know that your coffee habit is at least helping someone make a decent living.

sysiphus

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
As to the question from the New Yorker about if people had breakfasts etc. at their Starbucks, that is (or at least was when I left Seattle 4 months ago) only a limited release test-market thing in Seattle, NY, and a few others in the continental US. I really miss my good WA Starbucks though..full of tasty food to go along with my coffee...here in Cleveland, they will have one or two pastries...and no more. Sigh. A sad day when one if forced to buy coffee from a coffee shop ;)

Garden Knowm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
California
But don't you think it's better to support local coffee places that serve fair-trade, organic, REAL coffee? That way you know that your coffee habit is at least helping someone make a decent living.

YES!

This morning I had local coffee. :)

MORE INFO:
MY -
Local starts serving at 7am and stops at 5pm. And does not come with WiFi. Yikes

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
First, on the subject of pastries, I just have to say: Mmmmm... Starbucks pumpkin scone.

Second, on the subject of coffee, I have to give a big shout out to Peets. Unfortunately, the nearest Peets is about a mile away from my home, while Starbucks is about 100 yards. I mostly make coffee at home from Peets beans.

Garden Knowm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
California
Yes, I give mad props to Petes coffee...

Now onto more important topics..

Don't you feel it is a bit contradictory to be wearing a turban in your AV... and have the name "Flowbee"..

Please explain?
Do you own a Flowbee?

Iloveyou

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.