If You Have a Car Alarm....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iGary, Jun 1, 2006.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

I hate you.

This is going over right now:

[​IMG]

And our parking lot is a combination of "I've been tampered with, I've been tampered with" and "worene worene worene."

*pulls out hair*

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

and it hits me tomorrow

ooo Gary its like you and i are connected somehow

J&G

already some minor thunderstorms brewing

3. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

I have a car alarm, but it hasnt stopped my car from being broken into twice in the last two years. It has however kept it from being stolen since it disables the engine, unless you have a chip in the key.

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

It took me ages to work out what you were on about, but I understand now. :eek:

Car alarms are stupid and give me a headache when they go off. I especially hate it when the owner is no where in site, and the damn thing won't turn off.

5. Boggle macrumors 6502

Boggle

Here it's "Please, step away from the car." oh, and the statie's POV Audi A4 says, "you are too close, you are too close." There are of course the more tradionally annoying beeps and whirs.

6. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Oh yeah the "I've been tampered with" car says "Please step away form the car" first. :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard of comprehensive insurance?

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

8. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

You must have missed the PM this time though seeing as there hasn't been a "My fracking trouble with Apple" thread for a while. :D

9. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

It's better than the once a month when one of the employees of the apartment complex I live in has his truck parked by my back door and his Horn decides continuously to go off for 2 or 3 hours. :eek:

10. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

whats the point of car alarms? there just annoying now. no one here's a car alarm and rushes over to the car to make sure there's no one breaking into it. most people are just like ****! oh yeah that storm's hitting right now.

11. Boggle macrumors 6502

Boggle

Heard of yes, afford no. People who get alarms like that for their cars tend to be morgated to the hilt and have a grand total of 2 pieces of furniture and a flatscreen TV in their 3 story, 4 br, 3 bathroom house w/ 2 car garage.

*said Boggle green w/ envy, relaxing comfortably on his inherited sofa in his cramped 1 br apartment.

12. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Nope, I hit the PowerBook....

Now I'm patiently waiting at his AppleStore.

13. beatzfreak macrumors 6502

Yeah, that was one nasty storm.
    I made my husband stop playing guitar. Every lightning strike was coming through the amp.

No car alarms, though. Very odd.

14. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Try get it on video if you can. :D

15. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

I experienced those storms up here in NYC. Real bad. I even saw a lighting strike hit a powerplant on the other side of the river. :eek: Mostly gone now. I didn't hear any car alarms though:D

EDIT: Right when I type this lightning strikes and a car alarm goes off :rolleyes:

16. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

You know the reason why people get alarms is to reduce their auto insurance by $3 every six months. :D

Actually, I had an alarm on the last three cars I had, but they were never that sensitive to the point where they'd go off in a storm. Heck, even breaking in the back windows didn't set the stupid thing off. What a waste. :rolleyes:

17. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

18. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

As if Boston hasn't had enough rain to last them for 10 years already. Should be sending all that rain out west where there's a drought going on. Rain hogs.... :rolleyes: :D

19. Johnny Rico macrumors 6502

Interesting, the alarms on my cars don't go off because of weather, loud trucks, animals, the mailman, anything like that. If the alarm is activated and the tires are kicked or if there is minor impact to the areas around the doors, a short warning chirp goes off. If a window is broken, or if a door, the hood or trunk is opened, the alarm will go off. If the ignition is tampered with the alarm will go off. But it never manages to go off accidentally for any reason. I don't think the problem people have is with all car alarms, but with whatever percentage of them are installed improperly.

20. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

:eek:
    On the plus side, my lessons on how to become a rainmaker are coming along nicely. A little too nicely...

21. CompUser Guest

Its been thundering constantly here in CT. No car alarms though. Our jeep's alarm goes off if you press lock it too many times.

"wooowoowoowoooowoo WOOOOO WOOO WOOO WOOO WOOO WOOO DOO DOOO DOOO DOOO DOOO DOOO DOO WUUUUUUUP WUUUUUUUUP EHHH EHHH EHHH EHHH EHHH EHHH EHHH dooDOOOdoooDOOOdoooDOOO wooowoowoowoooowoo WOOOOO WOOO WOOO WOOO WOOO WOOO DOO DOOO DOOO DOOO DOOO WUUUUUUUP WUUUUUUUUP WUUUUU EHHH EHHH EHHH EHHH EHHH EHHH EHHH dooDOOOdoooDOOOdoooDOOO"

meanwhile the door chime goes "dinggg, dinggg, dinggg, dingg" and all the lights flash.

Its very obnoxious.

Sounds pretty much like that. Sorry, I love car alarms believe it or not.

If you turn off the car, lock it form the inside, it arms the car. If you go to unlock the car with the key and not the remote, it sets off the alarms. So then you say, hmm, lets put the key in the ignition, nope- the alarm still goes off, try to turn on the car the engine immobilizer activated. What do you do? Wait 3 min for the alarm to stop and another 15 for the lights to stop flashing! Then start the car?

iGary, all of you thread titles have been so deceptive lately.

I don't want this rain, it will delay the opening of my pool plus it is going to make me have to mow the lawn four million times cause the grass is going to grow like crazy.

22. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

We got hammered tonight with this storm....i was out in it, had one of those huge coats and got wet like if i was swimming...

Bless

23. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

How is this one deceptive?

24. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I hear you iGary. There is the one car that always parks near my house and its horn doubles as its ca alarm... very loud! Next time it goes off I might have to put a brick through its window. I think anyone with a car alarm deserves to get their car stolen.

25. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Even though they're annoying I can never stop laughing when I hear one of those cheap car alarms that sounds like a kiddie toy space phaser gun. Yall know what I'm talking about, they're most commonly found on POS japanese cars with giant wings and NOS stickers.