Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erandall38

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
What all will the Apple Care cover for the iPhone, I know my dad looses his phone all the time and does not want to get it until Apple Care comes out, that is, if it covers loosing it like most cell phone insurances do...

dontbeagenius

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
What all will the Apple Care cover for the iPhone, I know my dad looses his phone all the time and does not want to get it until Apple Care comes out, that is, if it covers loosing it like most cell phone insurances do...

umm no. Apple Care is not insurance

erandall38

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
i doubt it, you could just say that you lost the phone and get a brand new one and sell it if Apple replaced it.

Ya but when you activate the iPhone it sees the serial number... so At&t could just block that serial number from being used and put a message on the phone that says please contact At&t at (#)

What ever happened to that report that there would be an anti-theft deterent on the iPHone? does anyone remember this?

spencecb

Suspended
Nov 20, 2003

I would hope that you (or your dad) would be more cautious with something like the iPhone. I know I would never misplace
mine. This thing is tied to my side.

erandall38

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
I would hope that you (or your dad) would be more cautious with something like the iPhone. I know I would never misplace
mine. This thing is tied to my side.

It is really sad how often he looses his blackberry... but its not like he tries to misplace his, it just happens. And it is a guarantee that it will happen to a lot of people, or be stolen.

b-real

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2007
Ya but when you activate the iPhone it sees the serial number... so At&t could just block that serial number from being used and put a message on the phone that says please contact At&t at (#)

What ever happened to that report that there would be an anti-theft deterent on the iPHone? does anyone remember this?

Blacklisting an IMEI number is something that carriers refuse to do in the U.S. It's common in Europe, though.

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
No they won't cover it. I actually got a letter from Att 3rd party insurance company i believe it was from Asurion telling me that they have discontinued my insurance on my number due to the iPhone being activated.

So applecare won't cover it, att won't cover it, so if you lose it, start crying.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.