If you switched within the last 12 months, post here.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Zaty, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Zaty macrumors 65816

Mar 14, 2004
    I've come across so many posts in which someone announced they just made the switch, so I wondered how many people did the same thing in the last 12 months or so. I, btw, switched 6 months ago when I bought my Rev. B 12" PB. I have not regretted this decision at all.

2. toughboy macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    Izmir, Turkey
    I switched thesedays last year.. I actually dont know if I can be counted as a true switcher because I already had a iPod 2G and 3G.. whatsoever, I bought a 12"PB RevA.. I, too, never ever regreted it..

God bless Apple..
  3. Cuckoo macrumors 6502

May 2, 2003
    The Netherlands - Utrecht
    about 8 months ago, i love my powerbook...... never want back to pc
  4. TreeHugger macrumors 6502

Jun 30, 2004
    I switched two or three weeks ago, and I too love my new Powerbook! I have been wanting a PB eversince the TiBook.... It was a really long wait, but worth it...
  5. EGT macrumors 68000

Sep 4, 2003
    I switched a few months ago and i haven't looked back since. I'm eventually going to sell my windoze desktop and get a proper one :cool:
  6. DJY macrumors 6502a

Dec 20, 2003
    Canberra AUST
    5 weeks ago... still counting... and still very much in love with my 17" 1.5GHz Powerbook.
  7. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

Jan 6, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    My PC died last November. I got an iBook and never looked back.
  8. U2Rules! macrumors member

Jul 4, 2004
    I switched July 4th, 2004, my own independence day.
  9. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

Jun 4, 2003
    I switched last December and have absolutely no regrets. There is nothing I can do on my PC that I can't do better and easier on my Mac. I still have my PC, but I'm just running it as a Win2k3 Enterprise Server right now, and it serves it purpose. I have a 1.25 GHz G4 17" iMac and couldn't be happier! My next computer will be a Mac as well... and the one after that, and the one after that, and... :cool:
  10. kerb macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2004
    Lancashire UK
  11. Diatribe macrumors 601

Jan 8, 2004
    Back in the motherland
    Switched February this year to an iBook. Gave it to my mum in july and went ahead and bought a 12" powerbook(So I guess I switched her too :D). I don't think I could ever go back to windows entirely. I have to work with it once in a while and although it's not bad it just gives me this unpleasant feeling and I am happy once I sit in front of my pb again.
  12. federalists macrumors member

Jun 17, 2004
    Mountain View, CA
    i switched in may with my 15" al PB. i love it! i'm even convincing the techno-phobe neighbors to switch soon, as well. i'm tired of having to rid their windows machines of virii, etc.
  13. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

Dec 3, 2003
    Southeastern Louisiana
    Bought a 1Ghz eMac back in November '03. I don't know if you can truely say I switched, because I will still use Windows or Linux for somet thigns, but I at least concede that Apple makes better computers/OSes.
  14. lasuther macrumors 6502a

Feb 13, 2004
    Grand Haven, Michigan
    Switched Feb 2004 to a 12" iBook 800MHz and will never go back. Since then, I've gotten an iPod mini. I'm planning on getting a 17"PB or 20"iMac (if it's semi-portable) after iLife 05 is out.
  15. darkwing macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2004
    I probably shouldn't post. I switched slightly over 12 months ago (bought a rev A 17" and then upgraded to a rev C) but I was also a mac user from 89-95 before I switched to PCs for a number of years. Now I'm back.

Now I know what they mean by "once you go Mac you never go back."

16. saxman macrumors 6502

May 13, 2004
    I bought my first mac two weeks ago. I wouldn't say that I've "switched" but rather added. I am enjoying my new PB. But computers are just tools... how you use them makes the difference and to a lesser degree, how enjoyable the experience is. That's my outlook anyway
  17. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

Jul 1, 2004
    I switched a week from yesterday, with my Rev. C Powerbook 12" w/ Superdrive. It's been great so far. There are some quirks I'm still working out, but so far it's been the best computer I've used.
  18. sandmann41 macrumors regular

Apr 5, 2004
    Frederick, Md
    I switched right around a year ago. I first bought an iMac. Now I have a 12" powerbook.
  19. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

May 1, 2003
    Switched on October of last year when my 2gig G5 finally arrived at my local Apple reseller. Since then I have bought an old 23" CD, and then traded it in to upgrade to the new ALU 23".

I finally sold my PC last week, although I hadn't used it since last November. Needless to say I am VERY happy with my mac, and have absolutely no regrets.
  20. powerboy macrumors regular

Mar 15, 2004
    I switched July 3 and haven't looked back. G5 dual 1.8 - I love it!
  21. Celeron macrumors 6502a

Mar 11, 2004
    Switched in March to my rev b. 12'' powerbook.
  22. Xenious macrumors 6502a

Mar 22, 2004
    Texas, USA
    switched, but i'm still waiting on my 2.5 G5.
  23. rueyeet macrumors 65816

Jun 10, 2003
    It's been more than a year, so I probably shouldn't post either, but this thread made me realize it's going to be two years in October. Whoo! :cool:

What's funny too is that it only took those two years to turn me into a dedicated Mac user. I'd even have chalked up three more switchers by now if any of them could actually afford a new computer! (any computer, not just a Mac)

And I'm still using my first Mac and all original hardware, too....that TiBook's going to last me very nicely until the Rev B Powerbook G5's are out someday, and then Mom is getting a new loaner to do her email, 'cause I've already warned her I am NOT supporting another Windows machine.
  24. kasei macrumors 6502a

Dec 30, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I switched in January 2004. I bought a 17" Powerbook and I love it. I have been trying to convert everyone I meet who is looking for a new system. I have convinced 5 people so far to switch to an Apple computer.