If you switched within the last 12 months, post here.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Zaty, Jul 29, 2004.

1. macrumors 65816

I've come across so many posts in which someone announced they just made the switch, so I wondered how many people did the same thing in the last 12 months or so. I, btw, switched 6 months ago when I bought my Rev. B 12" PB. I have not regretted this decision at all.

Thanks!

2. macrumors 6502a

toughboy

I switched thesedays last year.. I actually dont know if I can be counted as a true switcher because I already had a iPod 2G and 3G.. whatsoever, I bought a 12"PB RevA.. I, too, never ever regreted it..

God bless Apple..

3. macrumors 6502

about 8 months ago, i love my powerbook...... never want back to pc

4. macrumors 6502

I switched two or three weeks ago, and I too love my new Powerbook! I have been wanting a PB eversince the TiBook.... It was a really long wait, but worth it...

5. EGT
    macrumors 68000

EGT

I switched a few months ago and i haven't looked back since. I'm eventually going to sell my windoze desktop and get a proper one :cool:

6. DJY
    macrumors 6502a

DJY

5 weeks ago... still counting... and still very much in love with my 17" 1.5GHz Powerbook.

7. macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

My PC died last November. I got an iBook and never looked back.

8. macrumors member

i switched

9. macrumors member

I switched July 4th, 2004, my own independence day.

10. macrumors P6

~Shard~

I switched last December and have absolutely no regrets. There is nothing I can do on my PC that I can't do better and easier on my Mac. I still have my PC, but I'm just running it as a Win2k3 Enterprise Server right now, and it serves it purpose. I have a 1.25 GHz G4 17" iMac and couldn't be happier! My next computer will be a Mac as well... and the one after that, and the one after that, and... :cool:

11. macrumors regular

switching next tuesday with a 12" PowerBook

12. macrumors 601

Diatribe

Switched February this year to an iBook. Gave it to my mum in july and went ahead and bought a 12" powerbook(So I guess I switched her too :D). I don't think I could ever go back to windows entirely. I have to work with it once in a while and although it's not bad it just gives me this unpleasant feeling and I am happy once I sit in front of my pb again.

13. macrumors member

i switched in may with my 15" al PB. i love it! i'm even convincing the techno-phobe neighbors to switch soon, as well. i'm tired of having to rid their windows machines of virii, etc.

14. macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Bought a 1Ghz eMac back in November '03. I don't know if you can truely say I switched, because I will still use Windows or Linux for somet thigns, but I at least concede that Apple makes better computers/OSes.

15. macrumors 6502a

Switched Feb 2004 to a 12" iBook 800MHz and will never go back. Since then, I've gotten an iPod mini. I'm planning on getting a 17"PB or 20"iMac (if it's semi-portable) after iLife 05 is out.

16. macrumors 65816

I probably shouldn't post. I switched slightly over 12 months ago (bought a rev A 17" and then upgraded to a rev C) but I was also a mac user from 89-95 before I switched to PCs for a number of years. Now I'm back.

Now I know what they mean by "once you go Mac you never go back."

Steve

17. macrumors 6502

I bought my first mac two weeks ago. I wouldn't say that I've "switched" but rather added. I am enjoying my new PB. But computers are just tools... how you use them makes the difference and to a lesser degree, how enjoyable the experience is. That's my outlook anyway

18. macrumors 6502

I switched a week from yesterday, with my Rev. C Powerbook 12" w/ Superdrive. It's been great so far. There are some quirks I'm still working out, but so far it's been the best computer I've used.

19. macrumors regular

I switched right around a year ago. I first bought an iMac. Now I have a 12" powerbook.

20. macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Switched on October of last year when my 2gig G5 finally arrived at my local Apple reseller. Since then I have bought an old 23" CD, and then traded it in to upgrade to the new ALU 23".

I finally sold my PC last week, although I hadn't used it since last November. Needless to say I am VERY happy with my mac, and have absolutely no regrets.

21. macrumors regular

I switched July 3 and haven't looked back. G5 dual 1.8 - I love it!

22. macrumors 6502a

Switched in March to my rev b. 12'' powerbook.

23. macrumors 6502a

switched, but i'm still waiting on my 2.5 G5.

24. macrumors 65816

rueyeet

It's been more than a year, so I probably shouldn't post either, but this thread made me realize it's going to be two years in October. Whoo! :cool:

What's funny too is that it only took those two years to turn me into a dedicated Mac user. I'd even have chalked up three more switchers by now if any of them could actually afford a new computer! (any computer, not just a Mac)

And I'm still using my first Mac and all original hardware, too....that TiBook's going to last me very nicely until the Rev B Powerbook G5's are out someday, and then Mom is getting a new loaner to do her email, 'cause I've already warned her I am NOT supporting another Windows machine.

25. macrumors 6502a

kasei

I switched in January 2004. I bought a 17" Powerbook and I love it. I have been trying to convert everyone I meet who is looking for a new system. I have convinced 5 people so far to switch to an Apple computer.