If you went from OEM SSD to Runcore, do you still have the

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by PsyD4Me, Feb 11, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

original LIF SSD cable.
    I am desperately in need of one to access my original hard drive. I need to access my honeymoon movies, which have been lost on my other computer.
    I don't think the Runcore LIF cable will work with the original drive (pins do not fit)

Do you know of anyone who would be willing to get rid of it? I will gladly pay for it via paypal?

Thanx for your help

2. macrumors 601

Scottsdale

That is going to be rough. Nobody would be able to use their own stock SSD without the cable. If they have a problem and need warranty servicing, probably want to reinstall stock SSD. If they want to use the stock SSD in a USB enclosure, they need the original LIF cable.

Have you looked into buying a stock LIF cable from a Chinese supplier? I used ChinaOnTrade.com for some OEM parts once. I am not sure if they have that cable but you could check. In addition, there are lots of Chinese suppliers that have Mac parts for sale. I am sure you could find one if you're willing to pay the price for it.

One last thought is eBay. Some are selling enclosures with cables. I don't know if it would work in the MBA, but it's a possibility.

Good luck.

3. macrumors 601

Scottsdale

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me