iFeedPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Vinnie_vw, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Vinnie_vw macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, iFeedPod is actually an application on mac for the iPod, which allows you to sync RSS feeds to the notes folder on your iPod. I've been using it last few days and totally excited about it, as it really works and is the 1st time I actually use the notes feature, which I considered useless until now.

If you use a site like Bloglines to view RSS-feeds, you can also export the opml-file with all your feeds and import it into iFeedPod through the menu, which saves a ton of hassle.

Anyway, very cool app (no I don't work for them :) )! Check it out!

Vinnie

2. lexfuzo macrumors 6502

thx

nice app!
    thanks for the tip!
    (so it's probably the right forum :rolleyes: )

3. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I may need some help with this, mainly because my lack of knowledge about RSS Feeds. I will use this site as my example [feed://www.thestar.com/images/xml/968793972154.xml] ... When I loaded that into the iFeedPod and sync'd it I did get all of the the news stories BUT it was just the first part of the article (Before the "Read More" part) Is there a way to get the whole article on there? I'm not exactly sure if that is even the point of RSS feeds, but I'm just wondering if I can get the whole article.

4. Vinnie_vw thread starter macrumors 6502

An RSS-feed allows you to get news from a site in a list format with summaries or the whole article. It's a way of managing information efficiently and centralised, rather than having to visit each site individually. An example of this on the Mac OS X Dashboard is the News Reader Widget, another is Bloglines I mentioned before,

As far as I know the amount of info provided really depends on how the RSS-feed is set up. Some sites only provide summaries over RSS in order to save traffic (I believe), so short from writing a mail to them and asking to change it, there's not much you can do. Blogs like Boing Boing or Lifehacker allow for the whole article to be downloaded, sites like Wired or BBC just give you a summary, but you still get the gist of the news. Since a lot of blogs are news-orientated, they seem the right candidate for synching. Some RSS-feeds like Dilbert also support pictures, but those don't seem to work in my 4g (photo) iPod.

Right now, I'm pumping as many RSS-Feeds onto my iPod as possible, 60 feeds taking 3 mb space right now :cool:, and seeing what works and what doesn't.

Hope that clarifies it.

5. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Yeah definitely. I just wasn't sure if I could change the amount of info that is show without having to click Read More. Thanks!