Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
floriflee said:
Geez! 35 close family members??! :eek: :confused: And I'm assuming there's still time for that number to grow?? You must have one of those big Catholic or Mormon families.... I know about those. My grandma has 45 grandchildren and 19 kids (including spouses). Sheesh. I still don't know how she keeps them all straight. I have a hard enough time remembering all the cousins names and faces let alone send them birthday and Christmas cards/gifts every year.

7 sisters.

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
iGary said:
7 sisters.

Snaps to you, brother, for staying so on top of things and being able to put up with seven, er, I guess, eight with your mom, women under one roof. I bet that was fun! There were five in my house growing up and the estrogen was certainly flowing like a mad river sometimes. Poor, poor dad... :cool: :D

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
kgarner said:
I know the feeling. I sent my dad an Amazon Gift Certificate once. After a day or two I had to call him up and make sure he checked his email (he hadn't). Personally I like the idea of being able to send email gifts. I don't see any difference between them and a card in the mail. Both are nice and both are apprecieated.
MY only issue with the email gift is that it you generally have to use it online. And unless it is somewhere that offers free shipping, you get nailed with that. But, since this was an iTunes Gift certificate I have a hard time letting the lady go.

Of course, I have to ask you one quick question Gary - was this a hotmail account? Between the useless spam filter and painful interface, I missed a lot of fairly important emails before I switched to gmail. I think I am to blame for losing contact with a good number of friends as I was the one who didn't get back to them until they sent me a third or fourth email that I caught letting me know what the earlier emails had said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.