iGav's perfect car?

Discussion in 'Community' started by WinterMute, Feb 7, 2004.

1. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

2. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

not quite sure what to make of it. it does seem rather like an iGav find...

it reminds me of a car from a futurish movie, and i can't remember which. judge dread? demolition man? perhaps something stalone wasn't in?

3. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I love the term (seen in the URL) 'carbage.' I'm not quite sure what to make of this, but that could be a fair assessment.

4. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    that just might satisfy igav's plastic fetish....;)

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I think that unique would be too broad a term to use for that.

It reminds me a bit of the old steam locomotives with the cow catcher on the front.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

7. iGav macrumors G3

someone say my name.... :D

8. iGav macrumors G3

:p :p :p quality....

Imagine driving this though.... race ya! :p :p :p

9. WinterMute thread starter Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I thought even you wouldn't stoop quite that low Gav....:eek:

Wrong again I guess.

10. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

What is it/was it? :eek: :confused:

11. iGav macrumors G3

It's a... a PORSCHE... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 8 exhaust pipes..... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

it's on the same page as that Steam Loco, Cow collecting TT at the bottom.... that 405 is abit tasty as well.... hehehehe!

12. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

13. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    when i thot cars couldnt get uglier he found one

14. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I would hope to hit a pot hole with that one...

15. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

16. iGav macrumors G3

lovin' that hopp'd n' dropped wideboy, with dat wicked 2 tone job! bitchin' :p

actually... I'm thinking about dropping the $$$ to get one of these... for all my love of those naughty Audi Avant's, I can't justify getting myself in serious debt to only get weekend use from it, but I'm a lover of slightly (less) naughty saloon cars, and Galant Sports are rare, as well as giving 140mph performance... and they clear out the fast lane like no other with that menacing nose job. :D + plus I could pick 1 up for 6 daddy G's.... bonza!

17. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Safe homie...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. WinterMute thread starter Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Don't do it bruv, they are slightly less easy to drive than a camel train...

I've been doing a bit of research into a second car for the family, been looking at Audis, Renaults, Fords et al, I really like the look of the Alfa 156, especially the Sportwagon in the V6, but I don't think I could trust an Italian cars electrics though... What do you think?

So I'm looking at a SEAT Cordoba as well, the V5 looks promising and for the same money you're quoting, I've driven the Cupra Leon and it's a monster, the V5 is only slightly slower.

Doesn't look as nice as this though:

19. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I can imagine that--it's almost an improvement on the original Porsche 914. I drove a one once and the only positive things that I could say about it was that it had wonderful seats and the Targa top. (Maybe, it had something to do with being a VW from the start.) :D

20. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Yeah, especially the later ones, as diesel was coming around, and streamlining was prevalent.

I liked that Neon though :p

21. iGav macrumors G3

I came this - close to buying a Galant Sport a couple of years ago... (glad I didn't cos it would have been near new, and I would've taken a heavyweight hit on depreciation) love em' especially in V6 Tiptronic guise... I thought they were treat to drive, especially that silky smooth V6.... they're also ultra-rare which I like, I just love the look of it too, kind of incog, except for that snout.... vroom, vroom!

The current Alfa range is sweet, my mate has a 147 and that's a corker, great Lambo Muria interior, the 156 is sweet as well, especially in wagon form... but only in dark metallics though... I wouldn't much worry about the electrics, if a car is maintained well, it should be okay... look at VW in TopGear's reliabilty survey, for some reason people thing that VW's/Merc's are X times more reliable, when infact they aren't and they're both some of the most recalled maunfacturers as well...

Not a fan of the SEAT's, I don't like small boy racer hatches... THE Toledo in V5 form is cool, but I'd rather take the Galant over it... and I'm not sure I'd want a car called 'Toledo'... heheheh

Ford doesn't really have any sweet cars at the mo, neither does Vauxhall, Renault does, with the Megane which I think looks fabby with it's bizarre rump, Renault are defo the new Citroen when it comes to off the wall style but the interior doesn't match the looks, and it's abit shopping car as well, but kudos to Renault, they're releasing a Sport version soon, and that looks the whizz bizz... likely be a theft target though like the Cupra, and that reflects on the insurance costs.

Now then, so we've ruled out Ford, Vaux... Audi would be the car of choice, if I wanted to end up some serious $$$ in debt... any Audi rocks, especially in Avant form... even the A2 though is cool, the best small car by far, and the REAL spirtual successor to the Mini.

Only probs with Audi's is that they're very expensive, and hold their value, (hence why I ain't buying)... :(

Now then, what about the New Honda Accord?? it's kind of like a Jap version of the Alfa 156... I think they're sweet as... I know it's a Honda, but it's still a cool car, and rare... rarer than the 156 at the mo, they also come in a SportWagon version too, and apparently the best diesel engine in it's class, and is guaranteed to offer bulliet proof reliabilty too... ;)

22. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Are you trying to say that it has a dated interior? :p

23. iGav macrumors G3

no :eek: the complete opposite infact... the 147's interior is astonishing for such a car, compared to the usual unspired design in the Focus, Astra, Golf, Corolla etc etc...

It's instrument binnacle is highly reminiscent of the fabled Muria, and on the upper-end models you get similar ribbed, tan leather sports seats that once graced the Lambo.

the materials are also second to none, the dash is covered in a really tactile material, infact the whole interior is incredible tactile, mated to one of the worlds finest engines (in any spec) and you have a pure winner... ;)

24. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

So that Audi is a bit...Back to the Future-ish. Kinda ugly. :eek:

But that one iGAV's thinking of dropping the $$$ on...that's quite nice. ;)

25. iGav macrumors G3

Yey!... ;) :p :D

I think it goes with me... abit like... well abit like strawberries and cream or gravey and milk or strongbow and dry roasted peanuts... :D

see...