Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Popular gaming news website IGN has launched an update to iOS app, including features such as customizable feeds that sync with different pages for gaming platforms, the ability to track gaming titles with automatic updates and notifications, and AirPlay compatibility with the website's videos. The app also includes watch and read later capabilities for content, along with automatic calendar sync for users to add video game and movie release dates in Apple's iOS Calendar app.

ign_app-800x473.jpg
Don't rely on others to build the perfect IGN homepage for you--your fully-customized news feed is here. Love comics and PlayStation, but rage at the sight of a True Blood episode review? A few taps, and you're off to a peaceful co-existence with the new IGN app, including iOS calendar reminders about the release dates of games & movies that you follow.
IGN is a universal app that can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: IGN Launches Redesigned App for iOS with Custom Feeds and AirPlay Support

sransari

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2005
Disappointing macrumors update. Don't they know we are all refreshing every 2 seconds to hear more about today's event???

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
I used to work for IGN - what a crappy company to work for. I stopped following them specifically because of how poorly they managed staff/business.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
I used to work for IGN - what a crappy company to work for. I stopped following them specifically because of how poorly they managed staff/business.
Sounds like a personal issue that should of remained personal.
App is great. Just had gaming coworkers try it.

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
Sounds like a personal issue that should of remained personal.
App is great. Just had gaming coworkers try it.

It wasn't a personal issue - they didn't specifically do anything to me. They are a crappy company that I've had the opportunity to see from the inside and I don't support it. That's all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.