IGN UK Red Steel review...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chone, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Chone macrumors 65816

Aug 11, 2006
    They gave it an 8.0!

Hmm, it seems the opinions are very mixed on this game, the reviewer though I think did a much better job than (was it casamassina who reviewed it originally?), the UK reviewer made better points in some case and explained what was wrong about the game, the US reviewer did the same most reviewrers do when reviewing low scoring games, take the sarcasm to the limit and focus on the same gameplay nitpicks over and over.

Well enjoy, Red Steel seems like one of those games the critics hate but gamers love.
  2. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Jun 8, 2005
    While I have not played it, I am getting it and the Wii for Christmas! I pre-ordered it, and was hoping to have money to buy it. But I didn't, so my mom took it as my Christmas gift (That was how we planned it early on). I think it looks to be a very solid game from videos and such. I don't understand this part of the first review...

"7.5 Graphics
    One of the prettier games at Wii launch. A pleasing style marries traditional with modern Japan. Fairly crisp visuals and well done effects. Runs at 30 with occasional dips. Pro-scan and 16:9 ready."

If it is one of the "prettier" games, why such the low score? :confused: Especially since this was the graphics score for Zelda...

"8.5 Graphics
    An absolutely gorgeous GameCube game. An enormous, detailed world brought to life via beautiful art. But Wii is still capable of much more, as the adventure's sometimes-blurry textures prove."

Now, I'm not knocking Zelda at all, because I'm a huge fan! But if if the graphics for Wii Zelda is "capable of much more" then why is it rated soo highly, and especially higher than "one of the prettier games"???? Now, I'm not a graphics whore, but it seems to me that IGN is very biased at reviews...those controls in Red Steel must have REALLY turned them off...
  3. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

May 2, 2005
    Wheaton/Normal, IL
    Good. It deserves much more than a six. I have the game and I love it.

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    I have the game and i need to get used to it :D is there a way to duck down? I seem to get nailed by those two baddies while enroute to the roof. I admit i am not a gaming master but i am still having a blast with the game.

5. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

May 2, 2005
    Wheaton/Normal, IL
    Ducking is either C or Z. By the way, I am now your friend on my Wii. I sent you a message.

6. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

Mar 6, 2005
    I for one am defiantly picking this game up, I am sure its a blast to play and thats all that really matters to me. I am not expecting an epic FPS just something that I can have fun blasting away in....Also I like the Ninja theme,

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU