IGN: Wii Games of Fall 2006 (nice, 12-page article)

Discussion in 'Games' started by seenew, Sep 1, 2006.

1. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

its been out ages...... for the 360 & xbox... oh and it sucks.....

3. seenew thread starter macrumors 68000

seenew

Haha, I thought you meant the article. I was like, "it's been out for one day..."

4. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

:eek:

Great article, IGN is easily my favourite gaming site around.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah its the only one I subscribe to. Most times the reviews are accurate, but there are times when they get them SOOOOOO wrong....

At least they have reader reviews and scores so that you can see when they get it wrong (like chromehounds)

6. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Yup, only one I subscribe to too.

Ah yes, the Mario Kart: Double Dash's 7.9'd springs to mind :p Now I'm off to watch the new IGN weekly :)

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

They do put a lot of effort in, but the incredibly slow speed of it all and the terrible navigation knock it down in my books. Oh and the idiot reviewers. It takes a special person to rate "Hamtaro: RPG of the ham hams" (near enough name) the exact same score as the Legend of Zelda.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Indeed. IGN site is easy to go through and they cover everything from games to movies and the streaming is good.

Blazing angels did suck arse:)

Bless

9. howard macrumors 68020

howard

ok, i'm sold.

i had never heard of the game trauma center. my girlfriend is a nurse but she doesn't play games, however she has been interested in some of the ds games.

10. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I'm excited for these games. IGN is a great site, although it is not updated as frequently as I would like. I go to Joystiq most of the time because it updates many times a day, and usually links stuff from IGN anyway.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Trauma Centre on the DS is great, one of the best games on the system. But it should be so much better on the Wii for the controls alone. No point in getting the DS version now though, it's just an up-port.

12. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

45 minutes to cross the fields of Hyrule!?!?!

Holy moley!

It wouldn't take that long to go across the boooring seas in Wind Waker. :eek:

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

that and

I had a dream about TP a while ago. That I got the GC version way before everyone else, but you know how dreams are - I was in the game. It was really horrific, there was a shield on this cave ceiling that had a face. I ran out of the cave and into some town where a celebration was going on... really bizarre! I don't think I've ever dreamt about a game before, least one that isn't even out yet!

14. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

... riiiiiight, you might wanna think about getting out more... I mean, I love gaming but...dreaming about it....;)

15. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

16. seenew thread starter macrumors 68000

seenew

Yeah, I've had a few dreams about getting cameras/lenses that I didn't own. It sucks when you wake up and it's not true. :(

17. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Zelda comes out on the Cube on the same day as Wii right? Its the only launch game for Wii that I must have but if it comes for mr.cube (which is sadly covered in dust in the corner with no games for me to play on it) I would be mucho happy.

18. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

What would you do if when finally playing Twilight Princess, there's like 3 real dungeons and a few small ones and that's it!

Lol. They had better not! :D

19. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

You are right. Both are coming out the same day.

20. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Things like this make me kinda glad that I either don't have dreams or don't remember them :)

21. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Definitely a good article to check out. Makes me certain that preordering Red Steel, Zelda, and Need For Speed was a good idea. This article made me want Excite Truck though... maybe my preorders will go from three to four. ;)

Daniel.

22. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

OT warning before being flamed :)

Interesting.......

Yeah I know loads of people who claim they dont have dreams, though obviously they do, but cant remember them..

I think it depends on how heavy you sleep.

Dreaming state mostly occurs during the part of sleep between deep slumber and awakening.

Light sleepers remain in that 'dreaming' phase/state obviously longer and hence usually remember their dreams more so than those who really deep sleep and wake quickly....

I dream toooo much because i'm an extremely light sleeper and have really weird dreams, but mostly really mundane ones about doing a day to day task / or work related.......

:) :) :)

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea, the only action my Cube has had in recent months was the transport from my house to my aunts place whilst I look after her cats. I brought up a slew of multiplayer games (Smash, Mario Kart, Mario Party etc) but only 1 controller. AND then I hadn't brought Prime or any Zelda game. Ho hum.

About dreams; I love em. infact I set my alarm so I sleep for 5 hours, then have 2 hours worth of dreams in the morning. have one, turn over, have another, repeat! in one this morning I visited this town made out of bouncy castles, there was an iron mongers who would engrave a slab of iron for me. So I wrote out this poem. the guy said "most people just have their name" :D . Another one I was walking through China and found this strange new sky scraper that jetted out of the ground at a 45º angle. :eek:

24. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

................................45 degree angle eh.........now thats not right.........
    i think i got little dot happy.........................

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea my dreams are mostly realistic but with stupidly surreal elements to them. Buildings at odd angles, cars with 2 floors, shields with faces :p