ignorant question about MWNY

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by Gena, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Gena macrumors newbie

Jul 18, 2002
    New York, NY
    if there were going to be an upgrade to the G4 tower, would it have been unveiled by now? or do they continue to bring out new stuff all the way through the last day of the expo....
  2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    according the rumors and not expectations, the first couple of weeks in august will see the new hardware. A good indication of it actually being true is that the rebates for new machines end on the 12th of August. So if you've waited this long, it might be best to wait a little longer.

And to answer your question, I've never seen hardware released after the Keynote, so I wouldn't be expecting it.

Oh, welcome to MacRumors - nice to see you've posted on your first day!:cool:

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    I think that because so much cool stuff was announced at the NY Expo they saved the PowerMac for later. Besides, don't expect a PowerMac on every Expo. Apple didn't release a dual monster at San Fransisco, but instead a few weeks after it. (Apple products don't usually just come out a few days after the live keynote. I think it's just a tour of the products from the day before that consist of the last days of the entire MW thing.)

I'm finally glad to see a new thread by a still loyal Mac user who doesn't need to switch! :cool:
  4. arn macrumors god

Staff Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Re: ignorant question about MWNY

As far as I know... Apple has never made product announcements during MacWorld AFTER the keynote/first day.

Rumors indicate that PowerMacs will be updated in August.

At MacWorld SanFrancisco this year, Apple did NOT release updated PowerMacs... but did release updates 3 weeks later.