iGo Auto,wall, air Power

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DickArmAndHarT, Aug 29, 2005.

1. DickArmAndHarT macrumors 6502

Im looking for a replacement power adapter for my 'book. I was goign to get the apple adapter but then found this. I would be using it, along with my motorola v710, in the car, and house. and possible air, although ive never seen power ports on planes ive been on (i think they're only in first class). This seemed like a neat system, any reviews?, of sorts on this would be very helpful. I would also use it to charge an iPod.

Does it look simple? Should i stick with a regular apple adapter, and my alreayd owned dc-to ac car adapter.?

http://www.igo.com/Product_Detail.a...10&PageType=ProductDetail&PageSource=ShopCart
    (link)

Thanks Richard

2. londy macrumors member

i just saw this on the apple site today? any users? reviews?

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i have one. i got it in preparation for a few trips where i was going to have a power outlet available on the plane. the igo seemed like the best option since it had the different connectors that can be used in multiple situations. anyway, it works like a charm when you're traveling, but i found the whole package to be a bit bulky (it does not wrap up as neatly as the apple adapter at all), and charging other items (pda, phone, etc.) is not as "simple" as it sounds, at least for the model i bought. i have the the juice version, and it did not come with the additional charging cord/module to power another device. so, i'd need to buy that cord, plus additional tips to work with my other gadgets. at least the additional power module comes with this everywhere130 model you're looking at - you'd then just need to buy the additional tips to work with your phone and any other electronic items.

to be honest, i rarely carry this around with me and instead just carry around my standard apple power adapter in my laptop bag. i swap it out for travel, though. and you're right - most planes only have power outlets available in first or business classes, so it probably won't help you if you travel in coach a lot.

if i traveled a lot, i'm sure i'd love the igo. since i only travel once in a blue moon, it's useful but not oustanding. i think the best advantage it has over the standard apple adapter is that, with the right tips, it can work with ANY laptop out there. so, if you have multiple laptops (or are willing to share the adapter with co-workers for their laptops while traveling together) or plan to buy other models in the future, this is a really good option.

hope that helps!

4. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

My Dad loved his until he managed to break it. They are a bit bulky but when used properly, they are durable. (He wasn't paying attention and he force the power cord in the worng way). I'm sure he would recommend you getting one.