IKEA perfect for apple...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by princealfie, Apr 5, 2006.

1. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Hard to find elegant, postmodern furniture for all my apples in the house. So I found it: IKEA. Inexpensive and elegant but solid furniture. Perfect. Where can I get the signature Apple white paint?:cool:

2. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Is the IKEA in Salt Lake already built??? Man, that was fast if it is. My sister will be so happy.

Don't they already have white desks? We got our computer desks from there and they were white....

Attached Files:

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Too bad they charge out the ass even to send simple, small items. One of these days I'll make the trip the Dallas/Plano store.

jon

4. princealfie thread starter macrumors 68030

princealfie

Nope not yet.... IKEA in Draper Utah in spring 2007... just sweet for the apple.

5. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

IKEA furniture sucks. At least what I have is not built very well at all. Things may have changed but I would never buy something from them again.

6. todd2000 macrumors 68000

I got my computer desk from IKEA http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stor...=25907&langId=-1&parentCats=15600*15872*16133 and I think it is a fairly nice desk, especially for the 79.99 I paid for it. It even survived a 500 mile move jamed into the back of a trailer in 2 pieces, and is perfectly fine. Not to mention shopping at IKEA is SOO much fun, I love the carts that go sideways :). And the swedish meatballs are good too. Also you must grab a bottle of Lingenberry Concentrate from the food store, it is good stuff :)

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

For assemble-it-yourself furniture I've found Ikea to typically have very good price/performance compared to other big retailers.

8. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Yeah their prices are very good, and the quality is better then you would expect for the price, I mean your not going to get the highest quality (but I don't expect it for $80). Not to mention building my desk was fun :)

9. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

You thought building your desk was fun?? :eek: I found the little allen wrench tool they give with a lot of their furniture made my hands sore after screwing in what seemed like a million screws on the bookshelves we got. All in all, the furniture is not bad for the price you pay. We got silverware for 8 for under $10 and it has served us well. Not to mention that we like the $.99 pasta and jazz night they have on Wednesday here at the College Park store. If we ever have to make a trip there we try to schedule it for that night. Nothing like a little live jazz to get you through the store. :D

10. princealfie thread starter macrumors 68030

princealfie

Yes, plus IKEA looks good. It's the only affordable contemporary furniture. The rest is all Victorian junk!:eek:

11. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

IKEA is a gamble. Some of their items are great like the book shelf I baught, and some are absolute crap like the armoire I also baught.

With IKEA it is highly suggested that you do not do catalogue orders but go to the store to see the item in person and check out the construction.