iLap = awesome!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thestaton, Aug 17, 2006.

1. thestaton macrumors 6502

I bought an iLap the same day I purchased my MBP because I had heard people say it gets really warm under load. Yesterday was the first time I had a chance to put a load on the MPB when it was adding all 7000+ of my iTunes songs. The iLap performed as promised it took the heat from the MBP and spread it out over the metal surface all the while I had no idea the thing was even hot until I touched the iLap.

They are most deff worth the $50 bucks! Highly Highly Recommended.

2. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

i've been contemplating getting one of these for my powerbook. So you'd say it's worth it then?

3. bbergie macrumors regular

bbergie

I just use the back side of an oven pan; it works just fine. :)

4. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

the ilap is nice but the metal on the ilap gets hot as well, i use the ibreeze that has two fans underneath it, dvforge made it but they went out of business..
    [​IMG]

5. inlimbo macrumors 6502

I have one to and love it. But the little stick on rubber feet wore out. They don't stick anymore. I wasn't sure what to do. But Radtech offers similar feet called paws so Im gonna buy them.

I like the idea of the iBreeze but it looks pretty ugly. What the price difference b/w the iLap and the iBreeze?

6. thestaton thread starter macrumors 6502

my iLap came with extra rubber feet because they had a warning that said they would wear out. as per the metal the manual says that the metal is designed to dissipate the heat from the laptop thus keeping it cooler.

7. inlimbo macrumors 6502

so did mine but they wore out too :(

8. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I love my iLap and would recommend it to anyone. I use mine almost 24/7.

9. dcv macrumors G3

Me too, I love my iLap and it feels weird using the BabyBook™ without it.

10. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

My girlfriend bought me one about 6 months ago or so. I use it everyday and I love it. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone thinking about buying one.

Also, nothing has wore out on mine. And the iLap itself stays very cool, buy perhaps if I had a MBP, things would be different.. :eek: