iLap or iCurve

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bodeh6, Feb 26, 2006.

1. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

I plan on getting one of these and was wondering which is better? I plan on using a Apple Keyboard and mouse and putting my laptop on on of these so that it is at eye level.

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

iCurve is better for that, iLap wouldn't really suit your needs. iCurve will put it right at eye level.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

4. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Absolutely the iCurve. I love it, and it's exactly at eye level (although it's not really adjustable, so you'll have some trouble if you're tall...I'm 5'6".)

Chris

5. bodeh6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

Well sometimes I do that. But when I have something long to type or plan on being on my computer for a while, I usually go to my desk.

Well I am about 8 inches taller then you then.

6. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Yeah, you'll definately be bending your head a bit, unless you decide to stick something under the iCurve that's at least four inches thick....:rolleyes: :D

7. iHeartTheApple macrumors 6502

iHeartTheApple

I would go with iCurve, it places the laptop right at eye level and does so rather stylishly, as well. I use one for my 17" PB and I always get compliments from people who see it for the first time. The nice thing is that you can fit stuff underneath the iCurve, too.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

icurve is lovelyful(thats my word...copy written) it sits on your desk with class and it elevates your lappy to eye level if u ever consider a external screen.

My choice is icurve.

Bless

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

icurve, i have a BT apple mouse/keyboard and it works great.

10. jwp1964 macrumors regular

Definitely iCurve. I bought one a month ago and love it. Works great with the iBook in my sig...right at eye level.

11. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

I have the iCurve and love it! I'm not sure you could use it in bed, however.

12. ericsthename macrumors regular

apples to oranges

Both seem like decent products, however, if your intentions are desk bound iCurve all the way. For the record, I have an iCurve, and at 6 ft. 1 , I find it works quite well to put my screen at "monitor" level. It was not only the nicest looking solution I could find, but also one of the most readily available. You would be hard pressed to walk into any apple retailer and not find one.

13. bense27 macrumors regular

14. bodeh6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

15. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Just so you know, the iCurve is $27 shipped on Amazon.

16. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Yeah, the iLevel is nice until you see the price tag! I don't like the idea of stuffing the keyboard behind it either, they should have just made it like a metal iCurve.

Glad to see that the iCurve is only $27 Amazon after I just went out and splurged $40 on it. Darn it. Oh well, I'm going to save some money by getting the Bluetooth keyboard off of eBay so that will make up for it.

17. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I saw iLap (for 15" PB) at the local CompUSA yesterday. They only carried 15" model, though. I was tempted to buy it simply because it was very light and looks very portable. But, I don't use my computer in bed nor in a couch as I rather sit in the proper computer desk. If I have to use it in my bed, then, I would rather grab my Tablet PC.

I have 5 iCurves in all at my place. I like this product as it looks nice and is very functional. I can stuff some peripherals under my notebook computers which are perched on iCurve to maximize the desk space.

18. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

i use an iCurve at university....it makes typing for long periods bliss. i have the bluetooth keyboard and am thinking of getting a wireless mouse, but i dont have that one yet.

S

definitely icurve.

19. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Definitely put the money forth for the wireless mouse. It always scares me using my trackpad when my PowerBook is on the iCurve because it feels like it's going to break. Wireless is beautiful. I recommend the Logitech V500. It's ultra comfortable and portable. Either that or the V270 because it's Bluetooth, if you have it.