iLife 04 and/or Software update?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Westside guy, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I saw an unresolved thread regarding Software Update problems. Well, it may be a coincidence but since I installed iLife 04 a few days ago, I've had problems with Software Update if I run it manually. It'll look for updates, then tells me "new software is available" - but the list is empty.

Anyone have any clues on how to resolve this? Thank you!

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

stupid point, but are you sure you don't have any updates as hidden?

3. Westside guy thread starter macrumors 601

Westside guy

I do, and have for a while (the old iPod update, since I have a new iPod) - but what Software Update has always done in the past is say something like "there are no new updates for your computer, excepting those updates you've marked to be ignored".

The problem I reported is a new issue, as of about three or four days ago.

4. Westside guy thread starter macrumors 601

Westside guy

Possibly resolved

I decided to run Software Update out of System Preferences this time - normally I just select it from the Apple menu. Anyway, when I called up the Software Update part of the System Prefs, there was a "last run" message that said "server not available".

I don't really understand why Software Update doesn't report that message itself, since it doesn't have to be run out of the Prefs menu. :confused: But the mystery appears to be solved.