1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

iLife '04 Shipping

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by MacRumors, Jan 14, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

Several readers note that their iLife '04 software orders have started shipping as of today (Jan 14th, 2004).

Apple's iLife Suite offers iTunes, updated versions of iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD and Apple's new GarageBand application.

The $49 product should also become available at local Apple Stores and Apple Resellers on Janaury 16th, 2004.

2. macrumors 6502

does this mean if I buy that Powerbook I've been looking at today then I will get iLife all pre-installed?

I hope so.

3. macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Somebody please post the version number of the new iPhoto because the one that's been floating around (Created 1/02/04, version 4C4) isn't able to show a slideshow on machines without OpenGL and maybe on ones without Quartz Extreme.

It also funked up my library while updating.

Someday, I'll learn better... ;)

4. macrumors member

Yay...wonder if my Dad will pay the up-to-date cost. I'm broke right now.

5. macrumors 6502a

mxpiazza

i ordered my edu copy the day of the keynote, with the regular ground shipping, and they upgraded me to free 2-day, which pleasantly pleased me, because there was no guarenteed 'order now and recieve by january 16th' like there was for panther.

go apple.

6. macrumors regular

I ordered my copy of iLife on Sunday the 11th and it said delivery on 1/16. I paid $4 for ground shipping and as of a few minutes ago it shows it's set for delivery via 2-day and will ship on or before 1/15.

For 2-day it better ship today. Hopefully it will go out later this afternoon.

7. macrumors regular

It's true....

Should be in my hands the same day everyone else can get it at an Apple store. I really thought that I'd be seeing this copy around the 19th. Me very happy! :D

8. macrumors member

I ordered an Up-To-Date copy yesterday and I was told that there was no way to track to see when it would arrive. I guess there is no hope of it arriving by Friday since it was ordered that late?

9. macrumors member

Add me to the list... ordered on the 6th and mine just shipped today...

On another note, copies of both iPhoto 4 and iMovie 4 have been floating around the Net for a week now.

10. macrumors 6502a

Jerry Spoon

Guess I should get off my rear and order my copy.

11. macrumors newbie

My iLife

just got my email from apple YAY its on its way

12. macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

Confirmed...

Yup, mine shipped. FedEx doesn't seem to know yet though. GarageBand soon... woo!

13. macrumors regular

Mine shipped today, they also upgraded me from ground to 2-day shipping.

14. Guest

caveman_uk

I tried the 4C4 version on my ibook but haven't used it on my main machine where my libraries are. I've got iLife on order anyway so I can wait to really use it in anger...

15. Guest

caveman_uk

I hope Apple Europe don't screw this up like they did Panther. Some people who ordered on the day it was announced didn't get their copy until a week after a release :(

16. macrumors 6502a

Wonder Boy

reserved mine at the uconn bookstore yesterday. its gonna be a happy birthday!

17. macrumors regular

idvd requirements

i know the minimum spec for idvd 4 is 733mhz, but does anyone know if my dual 450 will meet the requirement.

18. macrumors 68000

I hope mine ships soon... I ordered it the day of the keynote.

19. macrumors 68000

Aww, I didn't think of that... I should have reserved mine at the RIT bookstore! :cool:

20. macrumors member

iDVD

Will iDvd now work on a machine without a superdrive?

Is that the "archive project" part Steve talked about?

21. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: iDVD

yep.

arn

22. macrumors newbie

has anyone who ordered the iLife 'family pack' had a shipping confirmation yet?

23. macrumors member

Re: Re: iDVD

that's great...

now another dumb one...do you know the "arhive" size of a 2 hour iDvd project??

24. macrumors 603

wordmunger

According to this page burning DVDs requires an Apple Superdrive. So I'm not sure how useful it would be if you don't have one.

25. macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

I should have ordered earlier. I ordered mine on the Apple UK Education store yesterday and it says it should ship on February 2nd! :(

Either there's lots of demand, or it's the damn Apple UK efficiency again! :mad: :D