iLife '05 icons in dock, together forever?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by About2SwitchOvr, Feb 21, 2005.

1. About2SwitchOvr macrumors regular

I just received my power book... and I was attempting to rearrange my icons in the dock. But for some reason, it doesnt seem to let me throw in an icon (app icon) between iLife applications....

Is this happening to anyone else?

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

nope, have you tried to remove the iLife apps from the dock then put them back.

3. About2SwitchOvr thread starter macrumors regular

Beautiful!

Thanks!

Chris

4. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

I haven't experienced the iLife ('04 or '05) apps behaving any differently than any other apps in the Dock. I can delete them, add them or move them just like anything else.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

that certainly is weird behaviour and i have never encountered it myself, personally i would try repairing permissions just to be sure that everything is okay

6. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

It is like user accounts in Windows XP -you can't delete the icons put on your desktop when you create a new account because it will delete from everyones accounts but once you delete them and put them back in the main account, the "lock" disapears.

7. About2SwitchOvr thread starter macrumors regular

Because of Transparent Dock...

I noticed that it's not only for the iLife apps... it's really random actually...
    I installed TRANSPARENT DOCK... and I think that's the cause...

It never happened on my iMac 20".... weird... but that's ok.. cause sometimes, it DOES let me rearrange the icons...

thanks for your input guys..

Chris ;)