iLife 05 & new G5

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Little Endian, Jan 25, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502a

I just got my Dual 2.5 G5 yesterday and was wondering if ilife 05 is supposed to come with the Computer. I did not receive a copy of ilife 05 and the Software install discs have ilife 04. Does apple offer a discount to those who purchased a new computer after ilife 05 was shipped? Does iLife 05 ship with any new mac? or does it only ship with the mini for now? When I purchase Tiger 10.4 will this include iLife 05? or will it only include itunes?

Any insight would be appreciated. I would like iLife 05 but don't want to spend the money for it twice if I can get it with Tiger or with a new computer as I intend to buy a new laptop in the following months.

2. macrumors member

JediL1

Depends, did you order the Power Mac after Jan. 11th or before that?

If you ordered it on or after Jan. 11th I think you are entitled to iLife '05 through the iLife up to date program.

If you ordered it before, you'll have to buy it just like everybody else. Tiger will not include iLife '05 I don't think but it will come with every new mac ordered after Jan. 11th.

3. macrumors 603

wordmunger

If the date on your packing slip or receipt is after January 11, you qualify for the upgrade.

4. macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Umm...

You know...calling Apple would be the quickest, most definitive solution to your problem. We can only speculate...(although I do think the previous two posters where correct)