ilife 05 problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by derajfast, Aug 18, 2005.

1. derajfast macrumors 6502a

i recently upgraded to ilife 05, and ive noticed a drastic slow down in speed between the 2 iphotos...with iphoto 05 it takes about 3 minutes to load, and doesnt run smooth at all whereas my older version of it, it loaded much faster and was much much smoother......any thing i could do to make it run faster?

2. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

All I can think of is to turn off drop shadows and also turn off live album counts. Other than that, I think slow is just the way iPhoto is.

3. mcmillan macrumors 6502

Three minutes? That's too much, and I have shadows and counting enabled. What are your specs?

4. derajfast thread starter macrumors 6502a

15inch g4 pbook 1.33ghz 60gb hdd 512mb ram 400gb extrnal hdd

5. derajfast thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok well i tried using the script to no avail......i start running the exporting script....then it asks me if i want to back up my pictures, and then where i want to save the exports too.....so once i click ok, i get a message that says sh: line 1: /Users/BobSmith/jhead: No such file or directory and then i click either edit or OK.....ive tried saving it to different places but i still get the same error message....id really like this to work because iphoto is PAINFULLY slow and almost at the point of not useable....please please help.....thanks!

6. derajfast thread starter macrumors 6502a